[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete.
[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Log in and have fun!

Island of Dawn dailies

Why is it that my dailies are making me go all over the island rather then just killing ones within my own item level? My ninja is ilvl 408 and its sending me to kill lv 65 basilisk. What gives? Why not make it how it was before where it gives you bams within your item level?

And why does IoD have 4 channels? Makes doing bams very difficult.

Comments

• I agree, it was nice just killing the giants and being done rather than running all over killing some of these, then some of these etc. Also agree that 4 channels is weak. Makes bam farming a bit of a pita, especially since there are actually people there now farming where before patch, it was normally pretty dead.
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    IoD BAMs are still separated in 3 tiers with 3 BAMs each, as before Ninja patch, -but- it works differently now.

After playing around with it a bit, all 3 BAMs in a tier have the same level, item level requirement (I only know for sure the ilvl required for the highest tier after swapping some gear around on my main), and type/amount of rewards, instead of each BAM having their own different level and amount of rewards as before this patch.

- Low tier BAMs (Basilisks, Orisks, Ovoliths - all level 65)
    20 vg credits, 10 tier 8 feedstock, 20 undershade token, 170g.
    - Mid tier BAMs (Bloodbound Teraliths, Fimbrilisks, Searing Fangspawns - all level 67)
    30 vg credits, 15 tier 9 feedstock, 20 shadecore token, 200g.
    - High tier BAMs (Naga Battlemasters, Iron Giants, Onyx Hydraths - all level 69; ilvl 409 required)
    40 vg credits, 20 tier 9 feedstock, 20 shadetop token, 230g.

^ These rewards are all doubled with the current VG event.

Since all BAMs in a tier give the same rewards, the game doesn't want you to just farm a single BAM, the one you find easiest, and forces you to kill whatever you got assigned at first, and then move onto your next assignement on that tier. They probably also wanted to justify having 9 different BAMs roaming around and have people fight them.

And for those who'd rather kill lower tier BAMs for whatever reason, you can still do them. They can be found at the bottom of the VG menu. The one that appears at the top is the highest tier you are eligible for.

If you are item level 408 it seems weird to me the game sent you to kill basilisks. You should've been assigned the mid tier BAMs as recommended, with the low tier (basilisks) at the bottom of your vg menu.

More channels would be nice though.

Overall, all of this sounds confusing at first because it wasn't really explained anywhere, but I personally kinda prefer it this way, at least you get rewarded equally for all the BAMs in the same tier. And for those BAMs that are kind of a pain on certain classes, well, the new mote that gives crit factor and power helps a lot. (And some people actually don't pick them up...)
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my ninja I was sent to kill 3 mid tier and 3 low tier. My lancer which is ilvl 421 was sent to kill 3 high tier and 3 mid tier. -shrugs-

I would rather just kill 6 mid tier on my ninja and 6 high tier on my lancer. I don't need the lowest tier shards.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I don't like is if it assigns me to kill lower tiered BAMs. I don't want to waste my time killing bams for Undershade tokens when I might be wanting to get Shadecore. Similarly, I don't want to waste time killing BAMs for Shadecore when I'm going for Shadetop.

I'm okay with hunting different kinds of BAMs in a tier, and it cycling me between them, just so long as I'm getting cycled through the ones for my gear tier.
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    You should always be getting the highest tier of BAMs as a recommended vanguard if your item level is high enough for them. The lower tiers will be assigned as separate vgs at the bottom of the menu. But the vgs can't be repeated, so once you do a BAM type for the day, that's it. If it doesn't always work this way I haven't encountered it yet.
  • SquishiesSquishies ✭✭✭
    I used to be able to do three Onyx Hydraths BAMs in a row back during the dawn token era.

Now I can only do 1 Onyx Hydrath, 1 Naga BattleMaster and 1 Iron Giant quest for the top tier shade tokens.
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    That's intended. All three of those BAM types have the exact same rewards. Back in the day only Onyx Hydraths had the max reward.
    Im ok with 3 different high tier bams, but wtf is the deal with going downtier bams?
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the Item Level for higher BAMs and not the Vanguard quest for them, killing one BAM will give you the quest.
  • MsEraMsEra ✭✭
    i do x8 times bam with my brawler ILV 412 and it sent me to kill , 1st Onyx Hydraths x 10 > 2nd Iron Giants, 3rd Naga Battlemasters, 4th it come back to Onyx Hydraths > Iron Giants > Naga Battlemasters, > Onyx Hydraths
    this is my experience , tell me if im wrong
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    If you have the Item Level for higher BAMs and not the Vanguard quest for them, killing one BAM will give you the quest.

That actually didnt happen to me. On my lancer it sent me to do nagas and I finished the nagas and I kept killing after 10 of them and the quest didn't appear again. I guess you can only do 1 set of bams per day.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

That actually didnt happen to me. On my lancer it sent me to do nagas and I finished the nagas and I kept killing after 10 of them and the quest didn't appear again. I guess you can only do 1 set of bams per day.

This is the conclusion I came to as well. If it were the former, people would be rolling in Slaughter from day one without the need to run a single dungeon.
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    Are the bams dropping anything good?
  • BlergBlerg ✭✭
    You can only do each BAM once, so after you finish your highest available tier you get sent down one. Kinda like how you can only do each gathering quest once a day. Pretty annoying when you only want the top tokens and you have dailies to burn, but meh. At least the current event doubles the tokens.
  • ph3sph3s ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Rubbish

1. I can't choose which ones from each tear to do on class i prefer to do them
    2. Now its a solid solo-hobo thing as one can't party with a friend and do that bore

I don't mind the tears has been caped to 3 from each tear per day but rest is rubbish