[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How to Fix Battlegrounds

I would like to preface this post with how disappointed I am with the current state of PvP in TERA. The average queue times for CS and Skyring are anywhere from 2-3 hours and the matches tend to have a noticeable majority of AFKers. As we are all well aware, both FWC and GI do not pop. The only two playable bg's are filled with new players and sadly do not take advantage of the TERA's amazing combat system.

These are very simple changes that I personally believe could lower queue times for each of these battlegrounds to under 5 min:
  1. CS: decrease queue level back to 30; allow 5-man queues (at least it will pop)
  2. FWC: unequalize gear; increase bc/ks credits
  3. Skyring: bring back legacy cross-server leaderboards + rewards for top ranks (e.g. MI, titles, achievements)
  4. Kumas/Tanks: lower ks credit rewards significantly - it makes absolutely no sense why these starter bg's ks rewards are so high
  5. Add Imperator mats + other incentives (dragon scales, health pots, fashion coupons, etc) to bg merchants
  6. Bring back bg power-hours (you already have the infrastructure to do this!)

*** I honestly don’t understand how any modern MMO can have PvP battlegrounds without leaderboards; it is such a simple fix (the code still exists!) to boost the incentive to queue for all level 65 battlegrounds. ***

@Spacecats I fully understand that pushing the coming update, fixing server stability issues, and planning events takes priority, but an acknowledgement that at least some of these changes are being considered and discussed with BHS would be greatly appreciated by the ever-dwindling PvP community. I have played TERA for over 4 years and this is the saddest shape I have ever seen PvP, which it is quite disappointing considering conflate is honestly the best gear set that has been released to date. Thank you for all the hard work you guys put into publishing this game and I look forward to seeing the return of PvP to TERA.

Comments

• SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Psionic, I hear you loud and clear. We're currently looking into equalized gear for FWC, and we've been talking with Bluehole about the absence of leaderboards post-Guilded Age. There are a few things coming with Tuesday maintenance that represent some of our efforts (there is only so much we can control as a publisher) but we hope it's a good start towards reenergizing the PvP scene.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    CS: decrease queue level back to 30; allow 5-man queues (at least it will pop)

-Agreed

FWC: unequalize gear; increase bc/ks credits

-Agreed

Skyring: bring back legacy cross-server leaderboards + rewards for top ranks (e.g. MI, titles, achievements)

-Agreed and like to see more maps added as well for 3's

Kumas/Tanks: lower ks credit rewards significantly - it makes absolutely no sense why these starter bg's ks rewards are so high

-Agreed

Add Imperator mats + other incentives (dragon scales, health pots, fashion coupons, etc) to bg merchants

-Agreed as well they could be added as a random bonus to the winning team

Bring back bg power-hours (you already have the infrastructure to do this!)

-Agreed

• MietzeMietze
    edited November 2016
    ya pls add imp mats like u did with starfall b4 aswell :D
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm that Vm8 mats are indeed jackpots? I done 2 FWC and both jackpots were dragon scales -_-
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that Vm8 mats are indeed jackpots? I done 2 FWC and both jackpots were dragon scales -_-
    My friends and I have seen powders, crystals, feedstock, and scales. It's just rng and some is less likely than others.
    Spacecats wrote: »
    There are a few things coming with Tuesday maintenance that represent some of our efforts (there is only so much we can control as a publisher) but we hope it's a good start towards reenergizing the PvP scene.
    So what are these things? C:
  • Too little, too late.

People who play for pvp have gone elsewhere to get their pvp fix.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Thanks Psionic, I hear you loud and clear. We're currently looking into equalized gear for FWC, and we've been talking with Bluehole about the absence of leaderboards post-Guilded Age. There are a few things coming with Tuesday maintenance that represent some of our efforts (there is only so much we can control as a publisher) but we hope it's a good start towards reenergizing the PvP scene.

Will it include updating the Enchanting Bonanza Box to current tier feedstock?
  • Agree. As a healer, here's my two cents to add.

Over the past few months, I stopped queuing CS and solo 3s. The EQ gear for healers is ATROCIOUS. DPS keep getting buffed and buffed and buffed, and I still heal a measly 20k with non-existent crit. Now almost any class with half a brain can 100-0 a healer.

Queues don't pop without healers. Stop treating us like garbage.
  • Phoergo wrote: »
    Agree. As a healer, here's my two cents to add.

Over the past few months, I stopped queuing CS and solo 3s. The EQ gear for healers is ATROCIOUS. DPS keep getting buffed and buffed and buffed, and I still heal a measly 20k with non-existent crit. Now almost any class with half a brain can 100-0 a healer.

Queues don't pop without healers. Stop treating us like garbage.

uhh what? i know many priests and mystics who can dance circles around 1 or 2 and sometimes even 3 dps chasing them despite having EQ gear, use the right crystals with the right glyphs on the right skills at the right time.
  • Bring back old GVG so we dont have to be messing around at VO with outlaw on, pretending we r doing GVG .
    And the CU is like dead. Our guild is the dominating one so I consider CU a weekly salary time.
  • edited November 2016
    I actually like the equalized fwc, it gives opportunity for those with less gear to win matches...

for what i saw so far, those people with gear carry are losing matches more often cause they cannot get gear carried... yes despite the flaws of the gear like getting an infinite stun you stil stupid to get stunned in the first place...

don't listen to these cry babies... the only thing missing from fwc is imp mats to revive back along side with scheduled power hours during the whole month.

just a note, in one of the matches i got kicked from fwc from elitists shits cause i didn't have a glowing weapon despite wearing correct crystals... i don't know anyone in the game and don't interact with anybody to attract haters...
  • Thank you Spacecats for your quick reply!
    the only thing missing from fwc is imp mats to revive back along side with scheduled power hours during the whole month.

I'm sorry you think this, but the reason people stopped playing FWC was because of the gear, not the rewards. There are very few people that actually want to craft and enchant Imperator (why waste gold on an old gear set), especially when conflate is significantly better. With conflate being so easy to get and enchant, there is no reason for anyone to be complaining about someone getting "gear-carried" in FWC. Unless the eq gear has the proper atk speed rolls for each class, added healing rolls, added CDR, and stun reduction, we will not see a reduction in queue times (these are changes EME cannot make easily, but they can easily un-equalizing the battleground and make it easier to get conflate gear).
    kknaex wrote: »
    Bring back old GVG so we dont have to be messing around at VO with outlaw on, pretending we r doing GVG .
    And the CU is like dead. Our guild is the dominating one so I consider CU a weekly salary time.

Without a reward for GvG's, nobody will do them. In the end I don't think GvG's are what will help the PvP community, as they haven't been a significant part of this game since the Vanarch days. A revision of CU to make it more inclusive, by spreading the rewards to the top few that place, is a better option in my opinion.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I actually like the equalized fwc, it gives opportunity for those with less gear to win matches...

for what i saw so far, those people with gear carry are losing matches more often cause they cannot get gear carried... yes despite the flaws of the gear like getting an infinite stun you stil stupid to get stunned in the first place...

don't listen to these cry babies... the only thing missing from fwc is imp mats to revive back along side with scheduled power hours during the whole month.
    Right, FW pops just fine on EU during event times (there), because rewards and time slots, and many people there like the EQ FW. Sadly looks like @Spacecats listens to the ones throwing a fit and even goes against the developer with that, very strong bias.
    I'm sorry you think this, but the reason people stopped playing FWC was because of the gear, not the rewards.
    Without a reward for GvG's, nobody will do them.
    Oh the irony.

For the record, if "everyone has Conflate" because it's "so easy to make", then who needs credits at all? Your assumption is flawed because there's a lot of people who don't have it, or etched properly or jewelry etc.

If it were true, then eq would give even more rewards, because having a hard to obtain Conflate would mean they need more credits, while still enjoying FWC. And they can farm FWC to get credits for Conflate to use in GvG or CU. That's much better but no.

You don't do BGs to get rewards for the BGs themselves, just like Murderous Intent was not useable in BGs and was awarded from them. You do them to get rewards for other content, and that's the most sane design choice in games nowadays.
  • edited November 2016
    **Deleted**