Let's talk about Mongo Event

Comments

• Linaq wrote: »
    btw did any one get any cosmetic items form the "event" ?

Bring back boat captain costumes, plzzzz.
  • Can't blame ddos atacks or BHS now, EME.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Well if you want to PVP with URF...better go into CU:V i guess....this will be fun later
  • Fail event. Only the first 15min were fun :( Please fix for next wave EME
  • ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    atleast you were on for the first 15,rip the rest of us that circled maps for 1 1/2 hours for nothing :p
  • im disappointed with the event but more so with the lack of notification before it.
    last minute post on the main page and no in game announcements.
    this event needs tweaking to make it "right"
  • 120 min of event, the first 10 nice! very nice! the others 110... ALOT OF NOTHING!!
  • ChrisL wrote: »
    atleast you were on for the first 15,rip the rest of us that circled maps for 1 1/2 hours for nothing :p

I'm sorry to hear ChrisL, I hope you and others get to have a chance next time.

@spacecats can you guys do it like last time mandragora event where bosses spawned every 30min? It would help again to keep people engaged and looking for bosses for 2hrs straight.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    It seems they can't find the middle between "breaks the economy" and "nobody cares about the rewards". Wonder if they asked the Player Council about it...

No, and either way, keep in mind we have different opinions and have different experiences/backgrounds. I personally would have liked to see more consistent spawns, along with being told whether these events are raid friendly or not beforehand, in addition to updated rewards. The pinatas still rewarded tier 8 feedstock for example, and the alkahest rewarded through parcel were personal, so higher quantities are fine to give out as it doesn't work for awakening. I also assume (haven't opened any, so not sure) the boxes given are the same exact from the last event, which I had issues with those boxes generally rewarding things worth as little as nearly 0 gold.

If it was intended to only have the ones that spawned be the only spawns, that should have probably been worded better to reflect that fact, thankfully I did give up after a few minutes and just went to IOD on my alts for the remainder.
  • Even the mobs stopped spawning at one point, and the bosses were dead in the first 30 minutes. The boss parcels were actually ok, good without being broken, but the boss frequency was rare in comparison to the number of people that were participating.

Change feedstock from regular mobs to tiers 10 and 11, make them appear a bit more often, and have bosses be more frequent. Then can we talk about a decent event.
  • Hey all, I've merged multiple threads into this one because people were creating a lot of duplicates.

I'm not sure what went wrong with this event when it fired this morning, but there were supposed to be a lot more monsters. I'm taking a look now.

I've changed the title of this thread to remove the word "Mongo" because this isn't a Mongo event. It's just an extra cherry on top combined with the U-H-F-T Time event we have running. It will be improved for the next time it fires, but please stop attaching the word "Mongo" to every event that involves killing monsters because it sets a lot of expectations among other players. Thanks!
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    I'm not sure what went wrong with this event when it fired this morning, but there were supposed to be a lot more monsters. I'm taking a look now.

Much appreciated spacecats.
  • Even the mobs stopped spawning at one point, and the bosses were dead in the first 30 minutes. The boss parcels were actually ok, good without being broken, but the boss frequency was rare in comparison to the number of people that were participating.

The bosses just spawned at the beggining. Then they didn't spawn anymore (at least where I was). Also not one single accessory dropped. Something went wrong. The drop of bosses are fine except for that awkward guille mat.

• not quite sure i understand your reasoning on that one spacecats, seeing as the actual news post from Denom stated this: "While putting your Ultra-Hyper-Fire-Turbo Time abilities to the test, you might also want to don your TERA-Mongo-hunting hats."

seems as if this miscommunication started somewhere else and was not the players who attached this meaning to the event at all.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey all, I've merged multiple threads into this one because people were creating a lot of duplicates.

I've changed the title of this thread to remove the word "Mongo" because this isn't a Mongo event. It's just an extra cherry on top combined with the U-H-F-T Time event we have running. It will be improved for the next time it fires, but please stop attaching the word "Mongo" to every event that involves killing monsters because it sets a lot of expectations among other players. Thanks!

You called it mongos in the news post though, but I just checked and it was "ninja edited" to monsters instead.