[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Let's talk about Mongo Event

Comments

• Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey all, I've merged multiple threads into this one because people were creating a lot of duplicates.

I'm not sure what went wrong with this event when it fired this morning, but there were supposed to be a lot more monsters. I'm taking a look now.

I've changed the title of this thread to remove the word "Mongo" because this isn't a Mongo event. It's just an extra cherry on top combined with the U-H-F-T Time event we have running. It will be improved for the next time it fires, but please stop attaching the word "Mongo" to every event that involves killing monsters because it sets a lot of expectations among other players. Thanks!

"i'm not sure what went wrong" , we hear that quote from EME way too often lately...
  • edited November 2016
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Hey all, I've merged multiple threads into this one because people were creating a lot of duplicates.

I'm not sure what went wrong with this event when it fired this morning, but there were supposed to be a lot more monsters. I'm taking a look now.

I've changed the title of this thread to remove the word "Mongo" because this isn't a Mongo event. It's just an extra cherry on top combined with the U-H-F-T Time event we have running. It will be improved for the next time it fires, but please stop attaching the word "Mongo" to every event that involves killing monsters because it sets a lot of expectations among other players. Thanks!

You called it mongos in the news post though, but I just checked and it was "ninja edited" to monsters instead.

Just saw that as well. It sucks to come back and see EME is still a convoluted mess since I quit. Bad events, server stability issues, tons of miscommunication( or none at all) and just as much p2w.

• Spacecats wrote: »
    It's just an extra cherry on top combined with the U-H-F-T Time event we have running.

That would imply that UHFTT is a "fun" or "good" event to begin with. In previous years it was triggered in instances, that's what made it fun and worthwhile. The few hours of doing dungeons while jacked up on that crazy buff are some of the best, most hilarious times I can recall on Tera.

What on earth is the point of hyper cool-down and mana in open world? There is practically none, except maybe IoD questing. I was super hyped for UHFTT again, because we only get it once or maybe twice a year... but making it open-world ruined it completely. I liked Tera before it was lame. Why is everything so limited and withheld now? /sigh

Also, even for that "cherry on top" spawn event- tier 8 feedstock? How can you justify giving prizes that are no longer relevant? It should have been 9s and limited 10s. Tier 8 feedstock are obsolete.

I appreciate that some effort went into trying to make another event for the players, but this one's kind of a dud, like many of the previous events. I keep hoping we'll reach a balance between "overwhelming the market" super events, and piddly "who even wants to waste time on this?" events, but sadly it seems a balance still has yet to be reached. Mandragora was pretty good, if repetitive and a little boring. We'll get there someday. I hope.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    It seems they can't find the middle between "breaks the economy" and "nobody cares about the rewards". Wonder if they asked the Player Council about it...

No, and either way, keep in mind we have different opinions and have different experiences/backgrounds. I personally would have liked to see more consistent spawns, along with being told whether these events are raid friendly or not beforehand, in addition to updated rewards. The pinatas still rewarded tier 8 feedstock for example, and the alkahest rewarded through parcel were personal, so higher quantities are fine to give out as it doesn't work for awakening. I also assume (haven't opened any, so not sure) the boxes given are the same exact from the last event, which I had issues with those boxes generally rewarding things worth as little as nearly 0 gold.

If it was intended to only have the ones that spawned be the only spawns, that should have probably been worded better to reflect that fact, thankfully I did give up after a few minutes and just went to IOD on my alts for the remainder.

I assume, regardless of backgrounds, anyone with some Tera experience would be able to tell what's waaaaay too much and what's far too little to bother. Like, we both know Manor Dust is a stupid reward and a bunch of cross-raid shared feedstock is an overkill.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuzzyguard wrote: »
    not quite sure i understand your reasoning on that one spacecats, seeing as the actual news post from Denom stated this: "While putting your Ultra-Hyper-Fire-Turbo Time abilities to the test, you might also want to don your TERA-Mongo-hunting hats."

seems as if this miscommunication started somewhere else and was not the players who attached this meaning to the event at all.

That was in the initial news post, but "donning your Mongo-hunting hats" was just a playful reference to TERA Mongo and the whole aspect of running around and fighting monsters in areas you don't normally see them. One of the reasons it was removed from the post was to avoid players thinking this was TERA Mongo 3.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI guys I did find the problem with monsters spawning. The next run of the event (tonight from 4:30 to 6:30) should be much more active, with boss monsters spawning throughout the whole two hours.
    FYI guys I did find the problem with monsters spawning. The next run of the event (tonight from 4:30 to 6:30) should be much more active, with boss monsters spawning throughout the whole two hours.

How nice of U, so when i can play tera again ? Getting "Manifest" error...

Thanks for noticing this problem and fixing it fast.
    Even if I wish the UHFTT was in dungeons, at least having special bams makes it somewhat more interesting.
  • cool, thanks for the clarification. hope what i said didn't come off as any type of vitriol. i'm pretty new myself and have heard the tales of the mongo events beforehand so it was just weird to see. i think for what it's worth, what we did get during the first 2 hour block was great fun and i'm looking forward to the following one!
  • do we HAVE TO go through a fail first run every single time of an event... seriously..
    an excuse we hear a lot is that it's a weekend and there's less staff at the office but let's be honest here..
    this game is a 24/7 game.. and a regular work week or office hours should not apply.
    if you are going to run an event make sure someone is online Especially the first run.
    can eme please show some progress in there event managing skill.
    the mongo event is based on a hunt. be it big bosses or little mobs ..
    if it's a 2h event then it needs to have waves,
    use what works.
  • During cu. Right...
  • hakumyhakumy
    edited November 2016

Thank you for fixing it!
    I also hope you can fix the drops/loot a bit, or is it meant so that monsters will drop feedstock and only bosses will have specific
    personal alkahest, accesories, mystery box items? These mystery boxes drop too much ancient wish. Anywho, thank you for the
    event again!
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems they can't find the middle between "breaks the economy" and "nobody cares about the rewards". Wonder if they asked the Player Council about it...

No, and either way, keep in mind we have different opinions and have different experiences/backgrounds. I personally would have liked to see more consistent spawns, along with being told whether these events are raid friendly or not beforehand, in addition to updated rewards. The pinatas still rewarded tier 8 feedstock for example, and the alkahest rewarded through parcel were personal, so higher quantities are fine to give out as it doesn't work for awakening. I also assume (haven't opened any, so not sure) the boxes given are the same exact from the last event, which I had issues with those boxes generally rewarding things worth as little as nearly 0 gold.

If it was intended to only have the ones that spawned be the only spawns, that should have probably been worded better to reflect that fact, thankfully I did give up after a few minutes and just went to IOD on my alts for the remainder.

I assume, regardless of backgrounds, anyone with some Tera experience would be able to tell what's waaaaay too much and what's far too little to bother. Like, we both know Manor Dust is a stupid reward and a bunch of cross-raid shared feedstock is an overkill.

More of meant one's self interest/bias interfering.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭

30k in gold (accounting for the depressed prices of the boxes) in the span of 20 minutes is hardly "far too little".
  • CU + Event? Hello server crashes.