[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Tanks these days are fkin lazy

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this turned into a sorcerer talk?

Point is, there is a lack of tanks. How to fix it? Simple! Go level up a tank.
  • Yes go level a tank and then see if you can run all end game content perfectly. Then come back and complain about tanks if you can.
  • musetwo wrote: »
    T5P669R3CF wrote: »
    @musetwo Do tell us in which case does end game experience is required for this matter.

@Yamazuki lol nice wall of text pretty much composed of bullshts. Try harder, diff people are explaining it for you.
    i dont remember claiming bosses dont enrage. *Sorc has never been complicated* haha yeah right. Doubt you've played sorc

I already did. I mentioned points that people were saying are not valid when they clearly are. Do you not read or have the ability to comprehend?

That requires end-game experience? lol pretty sure we can learn that from mid-tier dgns or even lower.
    Zoknahal wrote: »

I'm not playing this game to help what it lacks. And players have the freedom to choose a specific classes to suit their own playstyle. That fix is bs
  • T5P669R3CF wrote: »
    musetwo wrote: »
    @musetwo Do tell us in which case does end game experience is required for this matter.

@Yamazuki lol nice wall of text pretty much composed of bullshts. Try harder, diff people are explaining it for you.
    i dont remember claiming bosses dont enrage. *Sorc has never been complicated* haha yeah right. Doubt you've played sorc

I already did. I mentioned points that people were saying are not valid when they clearly are. Do you not read or have the ability to comprehend?

That requires end-game experience? lol pretty sure we can learn that from mid-tier dgns or even lower.

I'm not playing this game to help what it lacks. And players have the freedom to choose a specific classes to suit their own playstyle. That fix is bs

there are 1 shot mechanics and repositioning requirements/ boss movents that can change the dynamic of the game which agro control can't affect in mid tier dungeons? you sure?

there are 1 shot mechanics and repositioning requirements/ boss movents that can change the dynamic of the game which agro control can't affect in mid tier dungeons? you sure?

movements*

Is there any difference to mid tier dgn mechs to the end-game ones? Nah, just the same. just more damage, speed and more gimmicks. doesn't need end game experience to understand it.

Is there any difference to mid tier dgn mechs to the end-game ones? Nah, just the same. just more damage, speed and more gimmicks. doesn't need end game experience to understand it.

it clearly does since there were multiple post saying those points are false or invalid.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    LYE5HFXP3J wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    when Ninja/Sorc are close to 2m and soon Archer will be better than those 2.
    Whoa now, let's not jump ahead saying Archer is "better" than Sorcerer/Ninja so blindly like that. Unless you have statistical measurements of the highest tier players performing "together" at the "same" time with each other then it's overall better towards this blind community to simply just say "they will be top-tier" rather than making more of the: New OP class > previous OP class > previous previous OP class.

TL;DR version: Just say Ninja/Sorcerer/Archer not Archer > Ninja/Sorcerer.

I said "soon". Archer is revamped in Korea, which we get soon; EME has already teased some of the Archer changes along with Gameforge and it being translated for us by Loriri and Yosha. Gunner and Reaper will receive damage buffs along with all tanks getting similar shout that Brawler has. There also is stats provided which you can find yourself since they can't be discussed on forums.
    Obscumbra wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Sorc skill rotation is still complicated when you compare it with other classes.
    Rotations that stay the same are not complicated. Warrior has no set rotation due to Blade Draw resets and needing edge for Sycthe, Slayer has no set rotation due to reliance on OHS resets, Gunner has no rotation due to AB resets and priority on gaining Will Power for Burst Fire. Even if a target isn't moving these classes have a lot of "what ifs", Sorc on a target that isn't moving doesn't have to worry about any of that due to being a rotation based class with their only reset not being anything of significance, and they don't have a secondary resource that is a big part of their damage to manage as they are only mana based. They also have no hidden facts about their class that requires research beyond knowing that Warp Barrier isn't actually an iframe, and even then, it applies to Gunner and Ninja too.

Lightning Strike isn't exactly insignificant. I agree that Sorc rotation on a stationary target isn't hard, but on a moving one, it's pretty tough to keep up with AP/Meteors because of cast times compared to Warrior, Slayer, and Gunner, or even get off 3x AP/Meteor during Mana Boost if the boss decides to move during those 20 seconds.
    All classes have to adjust for bosses moving. It takes a fraction of a second to move as a Sorc, it has nearly no impact on your rotation unless you have aggro, which again, impacts all classes, and Sorc handles aggro better than melee classes anyways. Meteor's longer animation also means you can move to the opposite side before a boss turns and by the time meteor starts hitting the boss'[filtered] box would have completely turned around. You can also charge while moving.

One of Gunner's primary source of damage requires the Gunner to be stationary (Burst Fire), which is worse than Meteor. Sorc also takes less time to move to the new back of the boss compared to Gunner as well. You can also get 3x Meteor even if the boss moves several times, I'm not that great of a Sorc and I am able to do 3x every time even with a tank that isn't performing well. Another thing to keep in mind is when a boss turns their hit box doesn't turn as quickly in many cases, meaning if your meteor finishes as they turn it's still a back crit anyways. Sometimes their hit box doesn't actually even turn to match the visual as was the case for Imperator. The visual back of a boss isn't always the back in terms of hit box, which the hit box is what determines whether you hit the back of the boss, not the visual. Understanding hit boxes is one of the things that is important in any game you play. This is also partly why sometimes people complain they got hit by something they dodged, their visual model isn't the same size as their hit box, and people tend to dodge, or aim abilities, based on what they see when it's the invisible hit boxes that really matter.

i dont remember claiming bosses dont enrage.
    Genuinely confused as to how I'm "bullshitting". Telling me I'm wrong with no reason doesn't make me wrong. Most of your false claims can easily be disproven by making a Sorc, and making a Gunner, then reading tool tips. It's a fact Sorc has superior mobility and higher combat move speed, not my opinion. Gunner was meant to be a slower high dps class, how ever, everyone overlooked their weaknesses and complained non-stop about their damage, causing them to be at their current state of being useless. Most people who claim Gunner is easy or strong don't even play the class in a serious fashion and only use it for low tier instances and never end game content. In which case, every single class, including healers, could basically solo low tier instances quickly anyways.

You weren't even aware of how enrage even works. Here is what you said:
    "I lol'd at *You use Mana Boost whenever the boss is enraged*. Most bosses enraged at -50% hp and you don't have to use mana boost until then? Aye, that's like throwing away your dps"

This is probably why @musetwo was saying you needed actual end game experience before making claims, as it's pretty obvious your experiences are fairly limited.

Sorc has never been complicated* haha yeah right. Doubt you've played sorc
    I played Sorc before and after the changes, along with the fact I got it in Imperator. The cosmetics I have on my Sorc actually costs more than your gear. The difference here is, when I played Sorc poorly I didn't make up excuses like "the class is bad" or "it's too hard". When I'm terrible with anything I attempt I will gladly admit I'm terrible. Acting like you're an expert, when you're not, simply hinders any progress.

He had said Sorc was bad, and edited it. The title was also changed as before he wanted aggro to be buffed.
  • Sorry, I stopped yolo queing into dungeons.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    56EGL4A3A5 wrote: »
    snip
    I like this post because it illustrates perfectly why most tanks don't go with random people anymore. In RM's second boss, yeah there are ways to get the boss away from a spider egg (stand so that he's got you between him and the egg; then when he whirls around and charges, he'll likely charge away from that area) but it's nice having that potential safety net of being able to ask your guildmates to let you reposition. People who have never tanked before and are unwilling to even try it (yet are quick to shoot down anyone who makes the attempt themselves) often have a fit when the boss targets off-aggro players, or turns around as part of a mechanic, because they don't understand that tanks can't control those things. A friend of mine got real tilted in LFG when someone told her to "stop turning the boss" even though the boss was turning because of off-aggro mechanics that occur naturally. Those kinds of people should try making a tank if only to learn a little more about the game, but they never want to. They always have some buIIshit excuse, and then it's back to blaming the newbie lancer.

The aggro losing issue is bad, but hey man, that's what happens when you use instance matchmaker while in +15 VM gear and being the current top DPS class of the patch. You can't honestly be surprised by this, right? The vast majority of tanks you'll meet in IMS are either new, or can't get runs anywhere else -- which, given the tank scarcity right now, is a big red flag. Just bite the bullet and LFG if it bothers you so much. Then you can inspect the tank before going in, and write their name down later if they turn out to be really bad.
    YDLY7L7EM6 wrote: »
    Looks like no one started a thread about this.
    And sorc in PvP sucks [filtered]. zzz
    don't say a class is bad at pvp if u actually don't know how to play it ....

Please, I've been sorc for 2yrs, played thousand times of FWC and i can say that it's really bad. don't throw me that "You don't know how to play" bullsht. Especially a mana boosted Meteor Strike. Slow as sht, easy to escape, damage??? even Onisor said it.

Then you better rerrol class or something , if you don't know 1) how to use your mana boost 2) how to play sorc at all , then how do u wanna perform ? You can be as good/bad as you want outside of your 2 years playing sorc , but it doesn't change the fact you don't know how to use the new one , because it's really good , PvE & PvP wise.
    dinners wrote: »
    I'm a lv65 sorc with +15sf weap and +12gloves(both PvE rolls and keen2 etch), +12guilie armor and boots. I'd say a mid-tier gear with decent build and using Yosha's basic PvE skill rotation.

I've been doing IM dgns up to SCHM and most of the tanks are just horrible at holding aggro, I understand the consequences of IM but this is just ridiculous. ran with +15impe weap and gloves brawler and just with full mana boost rotation i stole it right away even if i only did a decent dps -.- I dont usually do LFG's because people are dicks, looking for elites only and i usually double queue dungeons and battlegrounds. It's been [filtered] for me to get the new tier gears. They(BHS) should've at least considered Eclipse potion, knowing there are still people gearing up and learning. And sorc in PvP sucks [filtered]. zzz

-You should try tanking then.
    - I think, you don't know about agro system in Tera.
    1. If someone die in party, agro may randomly moves to another party member.
    2. If 2 other dps party member do much less dps than your total dps, then you get more chance to still agro from tank.
    3. Sorc and Ninja can deal tons of damage on boss in short of period. Sometimes, my +12 Guild Sorc steal agro from +15 brawler/ tank too. It doesn't mean they are lazy or bad.
    4. Mana problem. Simply, Nostrum is alot better than Infusion charm. Priest's mana charge is alot better too. I have used lots mana pot when I play Lancer. Lancer use more Mana pot than Brawler. Still, brawler used to pop mana potion more often.

-At least try tank class. then make complains. You are playing one of the easiest class and complains to tank? I use Stone skins before I make complains to tank.

LOL why would i even bother trying to tank. have you read our previous discussions? I'm well aware of the systems, if they can't catch up to my DPS then that's their problem and it's bullsht to hold back my DPS(hence the stone skin) just for them to catch up. mana problems? idc 'cause that's not my problem and sorc have gone more into mana problems than any other classes. All i see are excuses for a bad tank.

Sorc one of the easiest class? LOOOOOOLLLL do you even know your class? it's still the 2nd tier hardest class to play even when revamp mate. ffs

Wow, you're a real [filtered] head huh? It obviously is your problem if you steal aggro then complain about it. Sorc post-revamp is the easiest class to deal spike damage in no time at all, you will get aggro especially if someone on your team dies, and you refuse to try it so you can't really complain. Work with your team, not against them, same as the people giving suggestions.
  • Can people stop just posting insults.
  • Leviattan wrote: »
    The reason why most lancers prefer using two pounding on their weapon (at least in my case) instead of one + Threatening is that lancers are the only tanking class that don't have the DPS power like warriors / brawlers do.
    Leviattan wrote: »
    lancers are the only tanking class that don't have the DPS power like warriors
    Leviattan wrote: »
    DPS power like warriors

What game have you been playing for the past year? There's a reason they did a massive wartank revamp just recently in KTERA. Warriors don't come anywhere close to lancer damage, and they actually do have to use Threatening.
  • I remember in TSHM our tank and healer died, I went into tank stance as my zerk, me and the 2 dps killed the last boss. its all about skill and knowledge of your class and who is in your party, positioning. and the boss ofc.

but i also think dps play part in tanking, dps need to CC the boss if the tank is new. example if the boss is going to use an ability athat can be CC'd to prevent the tank or who ever from being dmged or killed. 1 bad player shouldnt hold the team down, theirs no i in team :P