Recent Server Stability Issues

Comments

• edited November 2016
    As a resident in PA, I regularly perform speedtests to Illinois to find latency as low as 20 ms and download speeds of up to 50Mbs. During times of high congestion such as events, I find myself regularly getting pings of 300 ms which spikes to as high as 5000ms (no, that's not a typo) making the game essentially freeze for minutes at a time.

I get 300 ms of ping when connecting to online games in KOREA and JAPAN half-way around the world. That should really say something.

I have the understanding that routing is the main reason for the game being unplayable for many, and it needs to be resolved immediately. Unlike other players, I wish for no compensation as long as this issue can be cleared permanently in the most swift manner as possible.

I write this reply in the hopes that one more voice complaining about server stability will add to the urgency and priority of this issue. Aside from events and extraneous features, I believe the most basic functions of the game should be focused on first.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭
    o51f0h.png
    Anyone else getting this?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    o51f0h.png

Yeah that's what happens when you log out while the game is in this state. You likely won't be able to get back in until the lag resolves itself.
    edit: Just crashed because the lag got so bad, and now I'm getting the same thing. Here I was, hoping to, like, run a dungeon or something. Guess not tonight.
    voidy wrote: »
    o51f0h.png

Yeah that's what happens when you log out while the game is in this state. You likely won't be able to get back in until the lag resolves itself.

Awesome, thanks EME.
  • Day 41..Still no fix in sight..
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    o51f0h.png
    I just started getting this just now.

Okay Enmasse. I've been real patient. I mean, REALLY patient. Patient as in this started MONTHS ago, and I've just been dealing with it because I had faith that you guys were going to do something about it.

It's been 3 months now. It's getting worse. Every time I contact support they always imply that it's a problem on MY END when it's clearly NOT. FIX YOUR [filtered] ENMASSE.

I won't be coming back until you get your [filtered] in order. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    This wouldn't normally bother me, but the last block for the monster spawn event is soon, and if I miss it cause of this, I'm going to be very pissed off.
  • edited November 2016
    Dear Journal, Day #idkWhatNumberAtThisRateThisLagHasBeenGoingOn.

The hamsters are back at it again; another strike, and no I'm not talking about the poporis. Server up-time and stability is at another low, I am waiting for the inevitable crash once again. Hopefully sometime soon this will not turn into a nexon server because we all know how terrible Vindictus was when it came to their raid servers on NA, if so it will be same to claim that we are all doomed in the near future. New content is to be released as well as events, but how can we enjoy it with not being able to move or incredible delays. I can see my heals cast off but my numbers don't show until seconds later. I know EME is trying their best, but hopefully Denom with that beard and Kimmander with his presence will scare the techs shitless and give us the quality service we've once received. Yeah wasted elite days, yeah wasted game play, and yeah tons of money tossed everywhere but still no resolution nor compensation besides EME logging on late one night resetting dungeons on servers where people are literally offline and asleep due to boredom of not being able to play or work the next morning.. RT if you cry every time and BibleThump(s) in the twitch chat pls if relatable. Let's hope for a better tomorrow and MakeTeraGreatAgain.

#RIPFeyForest #MTGA #MyHighElfLancerIsCoolerThanYours #Potato #ServerHelp #BringLiveCustomerChatBack #BringBackTonkaandTreeshark
    #Hashtag

P.S.: Baldur likes pet treats.

Sincerely,

AFallenSorcUponManyTears and APriestWithABrokenStaff
  • Our Operations team is aware of the current issues and is investigating.
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Our Operations team is aware of the current issues and is investigating.

We get this same response every time. When are you going to actually fix it so this doesn't happen?

Other games work fine. Whether it's a routing issue or something else, there has to be something you can do. It's honestly getting pretty ridiculous that we're having connection issues or server crashes every single day now.
    Just restarted my computer and now I'm able to get back on.
  • Catorii wrote: »
    Our Operations team is aware of the current issues and is investigating.

We get this same response every time. When are you going to actually fix it so this doesn't happen?

Other games work fine. Whether it's a routing issue or something else, there has to be something you can do. It's honestly getting pretty ridiculous that we're having connection issues or server crashes every single day now.

Normally I shun this kind of response, but I'm actually to this point now.

I want a [filtered] fix. This has been going on for months now, and every time we get the same response with no change. I've lost faith at this point.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just restarted my computer and now I'm able to get back on.

It fixed itself. It's working now for me as well, and all I did was sit around until my game crashed, and then log back in.
  • LipLockLipLock
    edited November 2016
    When I launch the launcher, the PLAY button is grey and the progress is stuck at 0%. What I have to do to fix it is validate the files (if you're using steam) and it seems to work fine. Takes a few minutes and is a PAIN, but it works.

EDIT: I can no longer play the game even when verifying. The play button stays greyed out.
  • LegerrarwenLegerrarwen ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I mean its nice and all that EME wants to finally start posting and keeping us in the loop, but guess what saying the same thing 30 times in this thread alone isn't exactly keeping us in the loop or even addressing the issue for that matter. All your responses at this point have been "our team have noticed an issue at X time, we are working on a fix," how exactly are we expected to trust anything about that statement when it seems to mean literally nothing and its NOT being fixed?

Seriously when people start posting and saying that the problem is back WE ALREADY KNOW there is a problem and for that matter WE KNOW YOU KNOW, cause we aren't stupid and we know you keep logs of what happens on your [filtered] servers. So we wanna know A: do you have any idea when its gonna be fixed? or even B: what you can do in the meantime in order to prevent this from happening all the time?

Its all good that you wanna find a permanent solution but while its the weekend and while its an event going on we want solutions that work now, not in a few weeks when there is absolutely no reason to log on cause we assume its just either laggy as hell or there is just nothing to do cause no events. But sure lets run all the events the few weeks of the year when its the worst time for your servers and rest of the year when its perfectly fine lets just ignore any events that could make the game fun, cause of course Tera is not meant to be fun for whatever reason you seem to think so.
This discussion has been closed.