[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Recent Server Stability Issues

Comments

• Is osmething broken now. I cannot get the launcher to work.
  • is anyone else having issues logging in today?
  • I just started running a lknm for guild quest. Left after first boss because I was freezing for 1-4 seconds after every skill I used.
    Been the first time in a while that I've had it this bad. Seems something extra is going on tonight.
  • well at least you're able to log in. I cant even press the play button. It just stays gray and kicks me out after a min
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    Lots of issues, the past hour or two. Sucks, cause I would like to run LKHM and things. Can't with these connection issues.
  • edited November 2016
    Just a protip for those who are still unaware of the issue is that Tera uses a routing service called "Zayo" which is, for some reason, causing many players to have high latency in a certain time (4 PM PST ~ 7 PM PST) with an unknown cause. This issue started mainly with those who had Comcast as their ISP, but now it seems like this is affecting others as well.

It's not the servers that are the problem; it's the routing service. If the servers were at fault, everyone would be having issues and that's not the case.

Related Topic
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Took a nap two hours ago and figured it'd be resolved by now, but the launcher's still broken so I guess not. Might as well unsubscribe at this rate, since it lags at the only times I can really get in and play, and their team's been "aware" for weeks.

edit: 30 minutes later and still lagging, couldn't even do the learning run I helped start. Been like this all day as far as I can tell with basically no word from anyone at EME. Unsubscribed since I'm paying for time I can't even use. I don't even want compensation; I just want this fixed. Dozens of users, myself included, are willing to provide as much information as possible to assist in this.
  • The game is unplayable for me at this point. Progressively worse over the last couple days. Was hoping to outfit a new toon tonight, but can't even make it to the store.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    1LLJgf8.png
    Because,
    Wqzt1nF.png

I've started to doubt that is the server actually capable of managing large amounts of traffic? Blaming other 3rd party ain't gonna solve this problem.
  • Back to relatively normal play after 9 PM Pacific in NorCal with Comcast.
  • edited November 2016
    Deluso wrote: »
    1LLJgf8.png
    Because,
    Wqzt1nF.png

I've started to doubt that is the server actually capable of managing large amounts of traffic? Blaming other 3rd party ain't gonna solve this problem.

FWIW, it is how it works and the ping plots that people are posting (including in the other related thread) prove it. But just turning off Zayo and switching to Savvis isn't a magic fix either -- it'll make things better for some and worse for others, as happened last time.

The actual TERA servers themselves are not affected; if you're on a good route to the servers, you have no lag and no disconnections. But it depends on where you live, your ISP, and thus the route it takes to the server. This isn't an excuse or saying that there's nothing that can be done, but it is the technical nature of the problem at hand.
  • Yep so last night I was just standing in town for 2 hours and had to reject people's invites to rmhm. Why? because I can't tank under these conditions; it's impossible.
    And yeah after midnight, the ping went back to normal when it's my time to sleep.
  • After maint I'm having twice more ping than usual. I hope it will go away soon.
  • kitekaka4 wrote: »
    After maint I'm having twice more ping than usual. I hope it will go away soon.
    Similar issue here. Usually I have 155ish ping and now its 215-275.

This discussion has been closed.