[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Etchings for a Brawler with 190+ ping

As the title says, I am gearing my brawler to tank, and different from my lancer, her build is kinda different. Many said me "Go energetic!" others said "if you don't have a good ping, use keen!"

As I have tested with the rolls on the weapon, Critical have slightly beneficiated me more than CDR or AS, but I want here to ask for the Pro Brawlers outside, how should I setup the Weapon and Glove Etchings?

My ping vary from 190 to 250 depending on the day, I can hold aggro pretty good except a (brain) lag spike kills me... of course, I always use threatening vyrsk to compensate it.

If that was already ansewered, my bad, but I couldn't find the topic using the search bar :/

Best Answer

• mollyyamollyya ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016 Accepted Answer
    I still suggest Energetic etch over other two in high ping gameplay.
    The ultimate goal of playing a brawler is to maintain growing fury at 100% time. If you can't then keep GF as long as possible. More CDR means easier to keep GF uptime.
    When for some reason your rage goes critically low, you may later possibly grab tons of rage back from perfect blocks. However at this moment, the availability of ground pound, piledriver, jackhammer determines you keep or lose GF.

On the other hand it is definitely harder to maintain GF with high ping so you need CDR.
    More CDR also can shave Growing fury's cooldown, in case you lose GF you can reactivate it ASAP.

With mystic's aura and GF's crit buff brawler can reach so-called crit cap easily. There is no need to invest crit etch.
    Then GF also provides 55 power, making brawler has much more power than other class(with exception of berzerker or maybe archer) so brawler receive less benefit from power etch because of larger diminishing return.

Answers

• I have a brawler with average 180-220ms ping, and i dont have any problems with aggro holding. Current gear is full Guile , farming ambush atm.
    So, what i use is double enrage roll on weapon. Keen Vyrks, and energetics etchings. I also use CDR on weapon. Makes a great balance of skills to pull out during growing fury.

This is all, considering u always use nostrum solutions and nocs. In order for Haymaker to crit 100% of the time wiithout using the triple crit glyph, u must reach 294 Crit Factor total (adding all buffs + mystic)
  • Wunzigan wrote: »
    I have a brawler with average 180-220ms ping, and i dont have any problems with aggro holding. Current gear is full Guile , farming ambush atm.
    So, what i use is double enrage roll on weapon. Keen Vyrks, and energetics etchings. I also use CDR on weapon. Makes a great balance of skills to pull out during growing fury.

This is all, considering u always use nostrum solutions and nocs. In order for Haymaker to crit 100% of the time wiithout using the triple crit glyph, u must reach 294 Crit Factor total (adding all buffs + mystic)

Does the energetics works better than the Keen ones for you, even with this latency? I don't have too many nocteniums, even with the recent events (no lucky at all, could participate only 1 time :/ ) to be sparing at every run I get someone +15 :S
  • Wunzigan wrote: »
    I have a brawler with average 180-220ms ping, and i dont have any problems with aggro holding. Current gear is full Guile , farming ambush atm.

Is this correct? Because the Brawler guide I read on Essential Mana says that 331 is the crit rate for 100% crit on Haymaker? Just making sure which is which so I can get it right, thanks!
  • For me it works great. But yes, overall, get Energetic Etchings. What you can do otherwise, is use 1 Energetic 1 Keen/Power
  • Energetic will help you to give more chance to get perfect defense. If your CD skill gets shorter, you can use another skill to cancel previous skill and hit perfect defense. Perfect defense gives extra rage point and let brawler to keep GF longer time.