Patch date

Normally the server maintenance and patch days are on Tuesday. Is this a typo on the front page saying the patch will be on the 30th? Will the servers have a maintenance on Tuesday and Wednesday??????????? @Spacecats @Treeshark @Denommenator

Comments

• edited November 2016
    My guess is, because most people at EME will be off at the end of this week for Thanksgiving, they are moving maintenance next week from Tuesday to Wednesday. (Either that or it's a typo and will be the 29th, but I'm guessing it makes more sense to push it. The company I work for also normally does Tuesday launches and pushed to Wednesday.)
  • It will indeed be released on November 30. It's not clear yet if we'll have a maintenance on Tuesday or not. I'll let you know once finalized.
  • Why is this being done on Wednesday?? Most of us plan around having Tuesday or Thrusdays scheduled off for a raid and now you want to patch on the weirdest day possible. You couldn't have decided to push it too a Thursday then??
  • edited November 2016
    vrale wrote: »
    You couldn't have decided to push it too a Thursday then??
    I can give you the IT answer for why you never push new builds on Thursday: because you may have to deal with bugs on the weekend. That's why most teams choose Tuesday or, if not, Wednesday. The maintenance they sometimes have on Thursday is often bug fixes for things pushed on Tuesday.
  • edited November 2016
    When are the servers going down and when are they coming back up ? Our raid planned everything perfectly for tuesday and now you guys come up with the weirdest day possible. Could you please inform us the maintenance time / duration so that we can sort things out ?

Thank you in advance.

@Denommenator @Spacecats @Treeshark
    It will indeed be released on November 30. It's not clear yet if we'll have a maintenance on Tuesday or not. I'll let you know once finalized.

• vrale wrote: »
    I can give you the IT answer for why you never push new builds on Thursday: because you may have to deal with bugs on the weekend. That's why most teams choose Tuesday or, if not, Wednesday. The maintenance they sometimes have on Thursday is often bug fixes for things pushed on Tuesday.

Then why not Tuesday? Or even next week?
  • It will indeed be released on November 30. It's not clear yet if we'll have a maintenance on Tuesday or not. I'll let you know once finalized.

@Denommenator can we get some clarification on whether or not the Ambush smart boxes will be put into rally quests as the EU patch notes state for when they got it?
  • Obscumbra wrote: »

The Wednesday release date was influenced by a late hotfix we received from the developers to resolve a crash bug that affected other regions upon release. This resulted in our QA team losing a day of testing (in order to get the build up in our test environment). With this particular build's turnaround time already incredibly short relative to the size and scope of the update, and the team also coming off a long weekend here in North America, we felt another day of testing and patch note preparation was necessary.
  • Obscumbra wrote: »

The Wednesday release date was influenced by a late hotfix we received from the developers to resolve a crash bug that affected other regions upon release. This resulted in our QA team losing a day of testing (in order to get the build up in our test environment). With this particular build's turnaround time already incredibly short relative to the size and scope of the update, and the team also coming off a long weekend here in North America, we felt another day of testing and patch note preparation was necessary.

Why not release it a week after then? so the 6th.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    It will indeed be released on November 30. It's not clear yet if we'll have a maintenance on Tuesday or not. I'll let you know once finalized.

@Denommenator can we get some clarification on whether or not the Ambush smart boxes will be put into rally quests as the EU patch notes state for when they got it?

Not sure what's going on over in EU, but the rally quest monsters in our build reward Imperator boxes and not Ambush boxes.
  • edited November 2016
    LancerJiva wrote: »

Not sure what's going on over in EU, but the rally quest monsters in our build reward Imperator boxes and not Ambush boxes.

good and i hope it will stay that way no need to reward ambush for killing bam.
    and on eu and in our build too i think its only on Civil unrest.
  • edited November 2016
    Flirt wrote: »

Yes, because that won't result in a bigger backlash right? You guys are crying over 1 day and you think there won't be people wailing over 1 week delay?

I think Wednesday is fine. It's literally 1 day.

When are the servers going down and when are they coming back up ? Our raid planned everything perfectly for tuesday and now you guys come up with the weirdest day possible. Could you please inform us the maintenance time / duration so that we can sort things out ?

Thank you in advance.

@Denommenator @Spacecats @Treeshark

Thank you in advance.

@Denommenator @Spacecats
    @Treeshark

xD.

• LancerJiva wrote: »

@Denommenator
    Ambush Smart boxes replaced Imperator Smart boxes from Rally loot drops!
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes#gilds