Biggest Issues Since 5/17 Patch

There's several issues plaguing the game since the most recent patch on May 17th that the community has found ruining their Tera experience, and I hope some GM's at Enmasse can shed some light on this problem in general. Please, if you have more to add to this list say so in the comments below and please keep discussion civil and constructive. We want the game to run as smooth as possible and if we can express the problems in the game effectively, we can see to it that they're addressed.

1. The Big One - Dismantling
It's been posted on the forums already several times, but I'll reiterate it for the sake of emphasis. Currently, the fastest way to farm feedstock is through vanguard dailies. At most, this rewards 15 to 20 Tier 8 or Tier 9 feedstock. For those of us farming for any level of gear from Dreadnaught to Imperator, this is horribly low. I don't personally claim to understand why this is acceptable in kTera, but grinding out any amount of feedstock with this level of reward is beyond unreasonable. Leaving alone +15, the first day of the patch people were finding it nigh impossible to even +12 their gear. As someone who saved several thousand mwa and feedstock before the patch hit, I found myself victim to this problem as well.

The reason for this huge disparity in feedstock availability stems from the fact that, aside from the low vanguard payoff, dismantling +0 gear for farming is no longer an option. This means that any Dreadnaught one might have farmed in Kalivan's Challenge is not usable at all. Any extra Verno gear obtained in Demokron's Factory is useless. Aside from the fodder enchantment system - which is not at all usable for Visionmaker gear - trying to farm lower level content for feedstock is simply not doable.

After the first day of the patch hit, @Treeshark doubled the vanguard rewards, making farming a reasonable effort by doing Island of Dawn to complete vanguard rewards in full, or doing Sky Coliseum for the slight extra rewards. Doing PvE and PvP also (currently) yields a reasonable amount of feedstock, but the tokens obtainable through IoD and Sky Coliseum make them far more worthwhile. Aside from the feedstock and tokens, vanguard at double credits now rewards a reasonable amount of liquid gold, something the game lacks almost entirely. Not only this, but the vanguard credits are also at a reasonable amount as well. I can't help but feel like this was not only a good move on Treeshark's part, but something that should be permanently implemented. The grind is reasonable, the reward is accordingly effective, and obtaining BiS gear no longer seems like a pipe dream.

2. Vanguard Credits and Tokens
As mentioned above, with double rewards on vanguard quests, it's currently reasonable to grind for gear as it is. However, without this excellent event to bandage the glaring problem, the payoff for the amount of effort put forth is absolute awful. Whereas our server made good decisions last patch in raising vanguard rewards to doable levels, the 5/17 patch has reverted vanguard rewards to kTera levels yet again. This goes for tokens as well. Due to the fact that we have double rewards, obtaining items through IoD/Coliseum tokens is now within reason.

With most of the useful items in the token store at 300 tier 3 (Shadetop) tokens, we can finally do a normal amount of grind and slowly gear our mains out. Glyph boxes can be obtained with the lower tiered tokens and individual glyphs can be purchased with 300 Shadetops, along with the tier 2 jewelry also at 300 Shadetops. However, the other items are still fairly unreasonable. Goddess's Tear is at 100 Shadetop tokens each, which is about 1.5 per character per day that actually has a high enough ilvl to do the higher level BAM's on IoD. For most of us, that isn't many. And provided we did have several characters lined up with an ilvl (i409 is it?) to spam Shadetop IoD content, we still have to deal with long grinds involving killing BAM's that recently got buffed in HP, crit resist, defense, damage, and attack speed. Not to mention half of them spawn off the map, making transitioning from one to another quite a pain, and we now only have four channels each to choose from. While respawn times are more accessible (or seemingly so anyway), there isn't enough BAM volume to accommodate Tera's population with only four channels without running out of BAM's to attack in a nice rotation. On top of this, Extensive and Premium Alkahest are available through Shadetop Tokens at the hilariously high price of 10 each, and the Colluva Ore is at 15. Compared to Dread Ore, which was 1/7th of the cost, it begs the question of why BHS is forcing more and more grind on us for any reason other than making us grind. Aside from that, Dyad Niveot Structures are at 500 Shadetop Tokens, which seems like it was put there almost as a joke. Not even a Smart Dyad Niveot Structure. A basic one. That means four characters minimum of doing tier 3 BAM's on IoD for a single attempt at getting what you want among the ridiculous amount of possible combinations (132 possible Dyads for weapons and 66 possible Dyads for armor, btw). Having the prices on some of these lowered honestly seems in order whether we have double vanguard or not.

3. RIP Channels
Where did all the channels go?! Val Oriyn gets a whopping three channels and Island of Dawn gets four. Some places only have one now! While trying to find BAM's while leveling my ninja, I was quite displeased to find open world BAM areas completely devoid of room to grind. When I visited Frontera, I had a whole one channel to fight with other people for. Is it possible we reverted to kTera's channel volume as well? We really need those extra channels. Especially for those that need to do world BAM's and farming/grinding in Val Oriyn and Island of Dawn. It's an absolute necessity.

4A. UI - That Damned Instance Matching Button
There's not much to be said about this. The instance matching button WILL NOT STOP PULSING. Please fix for all of us? :D

4B. UI - Optimization Reverted
When the patch hit, there were two huge issues that needed immediate attention and were quickly patched - both involving cooldowns. The first involved the elite buffs - Talisman Trio and Everful Nostrum. While the cooldown on these are typically 5s, the cooldown was being registered as 10m instead. This was quickly attended to, and for the first time immediately following its fix, something magical happened. THE UI STOPPED BEING LAGGY. Opening and closing the UI, using items from the menu, and enchanting all suddenly became smooth as butter. Even the Talisman Trio and Everful Nostrum, well known to cause brief game freezes upon use, stopped being laggy entirely - as it was during the 30 day duration before it was placed on the elite bar. Lord have mercy! Is it true? We finally got kTera's superior UI optimization? Praise the heavens! Well, we did... until the other problem got fixed. Unfortunately, there was another problem involving 10m cooldowns; any boxes - typically with a 1s cd - was unable to be opened without initiating the painful cooldown times. Upon this being fixed, the UI reverted back to laggy. The elite buffs became laggy again as well. At some point on May 17th, during our 4 year Tera history, the UI stopped lagging entirely. Something someone did during this brief hours-long period of time fixed the UI problem completely. Maybe someone from the staff can shed some light on what might've happened? @Geletron ?

4C. UI - Position Resetting
This has been a problem many-a-time in the past, often suggested to remedy by resetting UI position in options. However, this does not seem to work for a lot of players - and least of all this patch - where we seem to have the HP bar, radar, and battleground menu resetting constantly to pre-patch position upon client restart (except for the radar which ignores prefixed location and simply resets to upper right hand corner every time without fail).

5. Reward Points Not Accumulating
I don't know if these were simply disabled due to the double vanguard event, but reward points to move up to the next tier are not moving in the slightest. There have been threads about this, but no response from the GM's. Was the intentional or an unattended effect of the most recent patch. Can we get some acknowledgement on this issue?

6. Avatar Weapons - Dismantling 2.0
Needless to say, the removal of dismantling on avatar weapon was intended to prevent users from accidentally breaking their weapons down and proceeding to be stuck while leveling with no good solution. For this reason, being able to discard them was also disabled. Of course, for a lot of us with no tendency to make accidents involving avatar weapons, this is more of a nuisance than anything. Being able to dismantle previously enchanted avatar weapons meant more feedstock for the next one. Now that the method is gone, we're forced to gather insufficient amounts of feedstock from mobs during our grind or simply buy at steadily greedier prices from the trade broker. Can this method of dismantling please be restored, for everyone's sake?

7. Ninja Stun - Chakra Thrust
Every ninja has felt it. In PvP, this is the most desync-prone skill in a long time. It's worse than how Heart Thrust used to be for slayer. At point blank or even from a slight distance or full range, this skill just doesn't want to land - even if the target is completely immobile. Depending on the one using it, it can land anywhere from half of the time to absolutely never. My personal experience, as someone who lives about an hour from the server, I have about a 30-40% success rate with this skill. It's extremely important that this skill functions properly. It's a huge part of ninja's kit in PvP. If it simply doesn't land, it defeats the potential of the class as a whole. With a class this new, this looks really bad on the developers part. To players reading this: please post as many videos and gifs of this problem as you can. BHS needs to see this problem to make corrections and if we stay silent about it, we'll never see a fix.

Below, I have a video of the issue in question; 19 attempts over the course of a single duel. 11 hits, 8 misses, and a ridiculous 13 examples of desync.



8. Solo Queue Champion's Skyring - No Stun Duration Reduction
The change in solo queue gear was an immense help. More attack speed to reflect a realistic PvP build, more crit resist for survivability, larger HP pools, and a more fast-paced game for everyone's enjoyment. However, the lack of stun duration on the earrings shows a blatant lack of understanding of how certain elements change gameplay significantly in PvP. Archers are wombo-comboing everyone again. Warriors are capable of landing 3-4 Blade Draws in a single Backstab combo. Slayers can use combos otherwise nigh impossible on our server. Lancer stun chains last abysmally long times. With enough crits, reapers can 100>0 without Energy Stars. Gunners can use Balder's Vengeance on their own stuns without fail. Sorc Lightning Traps are back to game-changing duration. This has been a problem - and corrected - before in solo queue, so a lot of 3's regulars are confused as to why the same mistake would be made again. All we ask is that the current earrings have an extra stat for decreased stun duration. It would make healers a lot happier if they didn't have to sit in place from 100% to 0% HP just because someone threw a stun in their general direction.

9. Island of Dawn - Crit Resistance
This is likely something we're unable to change. For some stupid reason, BHS absolutely loves throwing crit resist at everything. It doesn't add any factor of a challenge and only serves to make things take longer. In PvP, it's long reached ridiculous levels, making certain classes considerably less viable than they used to be by diminishing the strength of every individual source of crit factor, including the ones that increase with gear changes. Adding more and more crit resist is simply an annoyance rather than adding any enjoyment to the game at large. With that said, is it possible to make the Keening Dawn Motes on Island of Dawn have a little bit nicer drop rate? Anywhere from 50-100% chance? It already lasts 60s, which is barely enough time to kill two BAM's and proceed to another, with how spaced out they tend to be and how many players there are around with only four channels. Sometimes they don't drop at all and we're forced to fight these ubered-up BAM's with subpar damage. This is something we'd ask of Enmasse to take into consideration. Island of Dawn grinding is already painful; please give us a break.

10. Bonanza Boxes and VM7 Mats - Required Credits
I know I'm not alone in the fact that I feel Bonanza Boxes credit increase was excessive. Doubling the prices due to a change in credit rewards in battlegrounds was simply too much. I daresay the way they were before was still a reasonable grind. Right now it takes 6-8 games of any one battleground to earn one through Bellicarium credits. 4-5 with Kiling Spree.

The same applies to Imperator mats. We knew ahead of time that we'd be seeing such ridiculous points for VM7 mats, but we prayed Enmasse would lower credit cost accordingly, to comply with a smoother grinde as they did with VM6. Unfortunately, we got the standard kTera costs and they're ungodly. Any chance we could have them lowered to something more... realistic? Doing a whole day's worth of battlegrounds for a single mat is not my idea of fun.
«1

Comments

  • YesunaYesuna ✭✭
    Even though this post is long, I think these are all relevant issues to a lot of people. Please take the time to look it over!
  • MinileeMinilee ✭✭
    Very well said. hopefully they will take a look at it :)
  • BlergBlerg ✭✭
    A lot of good points presented well here. I'm very concerned about the tokens issue, because the rewards vs. shop cost on tokens only feels acceptable right now with the double rewards. If that goes away and only feed and vg credits are doubled, tokens will be back to a pretty unbearable grind.
  • 0000x0000x ✭✭
    I find the Vanguard credits ok, cause its no fun and no challenge if u got your gear so easly, u end up getting bored when u got everything enchanted and all the accesories, at least u got something to do everyday xD
  • DEEPOWERDEEPOWER
    edited May 2016
    I thought I was the only one a bit frustrated with the Keening Dawn motes barely dropping. It seems like the higher BAM you kill, the less likely they are to drop a mote. I have had only ONE mote drop on a spree of 10 BAMs. I have had only 1 mote drop on a spree of 10 BAMs and it was the LAST kill that dropped it.

    Shall we also add how we have to run all over the island fighting all 9 tiers of BAMs as well? i.e not being able to choose our targets?

    This is partially a problem related to the borked Dungeon queue times aka lack of healers in ig409+. I have logged in, and queued up as a DPS for DF, FI, and SS every night since patch for ~4 hours. The only thing that has popped is DF.

    10. You gotta play this game like a full time job+ OT to make much progression.
  • 0000x wrote: »
    I find the Vanguard credits ok, cause its no fun and no challenge if u got your gear so easly, u end up getting bored when u got everything enchanted and all the accesories, at least u got something to do everyday xD

    No challenge or fun in grind at all, especially with such miserable rewards. You're just trying to make some profit on the current situation, and therefore protect it.
  • Let me be very clear, I agree with you 100% I think though that the problem goes deeper. The Island of dawn has always been broken in my book the reason being is it was always telling me what BAM's I could farm biased on my iLVL. Now before the patch my brawler was 403 and was able to farm everything. After the patch I can still kill everything save for the simple fact i now have the game telling me what Bams I can and can not farm. Joy en mass so not only do you limit me you also randomly tell me that after i kill the mid ranged BAMS i get to then go farm the lower end bams that drop the low end token? Can I do anything about this nope I am FORCED to do this because of the stupid game. So not only can I not farm the bams i can EASLY kill i also am doing stuff that basilcy falls over in 4 hits? Great use of time ...nope. Fix your game you broke it again.
  • This thread makes me doubt whether I should keep playing my Slayer from scratch (Made him the day of the patch) or go back to my slayer on AV with +12dread weapon and +12 of that armor before Dread (Farmed within 3 days of the patch that introduced KC and FINM)
  • SawaoSawao ✭✭
    DEEPOWER wrote: »
    10. You gotta play this game like a full time job+ OT to make much progression.

    Absolutely. Making progression in a game should not require the devotion one puts into making a living.
  • #9 crit resist its quite ok since the acc also give a large amount + keen 3, innerwear, you can get crit on weap, some combine 2 full crit sets like corvette and the new released one for even more crit factor, i asked a friend of mine who has a reaper 414 item level, and in the island of dawn with a keen charm very rarely he doesn't crit, (keen 2 gloves weap, no crit factor at all on weap as a stat, 12 crit factor innerwear).
    For me, in the island of dawn, the bam hunt it takes about 10 minutes or so, give or take 1~2, i have +12 weap, gunner, item level 410, the keen mote duration it's just fine as is, if it would drop more, 3-4 mins you finished the quest (gather 3 mobs), it would be way too easy, everybody would spam that to death. On this one i disagree.
    #10 bonanza box, well no comment on that you are completely right, about the others i won't talk, i don't know enough.
  • DEEPOWER wrote: »

    10. You gotta play this game like a full-time job+ OT to make much progression.

    You're so right! I heard that TERA is a grinding MMO and that the only fun part is the leveling. But I started it and now as far as I have 1-2 hours per day due to work and my husband (who's not a gamer and need my attention =) ) I feel that I can't craft any of those high tier gear nor brooch and jewelry. It's a pity, but game for me consists only in leveling new chars up... :(

  • BlergBlerg ✭✭
    Khatarsis wrote: »
    #9 crit resist its quite ok since the acc also give a large amount + keen 3, innerwear, you can get crit on weap, some combine 2 full crit sets like corvette and the new released one for even more crit factor, i asked a friend of mine who has a reaper 414 item level, and in the island of dawn with a keen charm very rarely he doesn't crit, (keen 2 gloves weap, no crit factor at all on weap as a stat, 12 crit factor innerwear).
    For me, in the island of dawn, the bam hunt it takes about 10 minutes or so, give or take 1~2, i have +12 weap, gunner, item level 410, the keen mote duration it's just fine as is, if it would drop more, 3-4 mins you finished the quest (gather 3 mobs), it would be way too easy, everybody would spam that to death. On this one i disagree.
    #10 bonanza box, well no comment on that you are completely right, about the others i won't talk, i don't know enough.

    Not all classes have the same base crit, skill crit rates, or crit glyphs. Archer, Sorc, and Warrior, for example, have real problems will crit resist.
  • kedroskedros ✭✭
    #9 The biggest problem of IOD quests, is the fact you cant choose no longer. it forces me to do those at my ilvl, while i rather do Naga's. This is a huge let down

    Something i think - RESOURCES
    #11A - So during Akeron (Go Berzerk?) patch, the community begged for a way to get titan embers back. after MONTHS they finally put it on the vanguard quests menu, when you overdo them. you could get them via IOD tokens too and they dropped from ghillieglade. after this patch all these methods were removed, setting us back to the titanless Tera.

    #11B - I dont know how it is on other servers, but we lack gathering resources. stuff like fine pilka, cobala and goblu, as well as scarabs. This was starting to become an issue before the patch though, and is probably because (HW) people are too lazy to actually gather. However the droprate of these uncommon and rare goods is damn low too. when using a days worth of PP i barely get 15 scarabs and a hand full of Fine mats. A Gathering Event would really be welcome
  • DEEPOWER wrote: »

    10. You gotta play this game like a full-time job+ OT to make much progression.

    You're so right! I heard that TERA is a grinding MMO and that the only fun part is the leveling. But I started it and now as far as I have 1-2 hours per day due to work and my husband (who's not a gamer and need my attention =) ) I feel that I can't craft any of those high tier gear nor brooch and jewelry. It's a pity, but game for me consists only in leveling new chars up... :(

    the only people who say leveling is the only fun part tend to be people whove played for 3+ years, crafting isnt a necessity in this game, gear drops from dungeons, same with jewelry, and only the best brooches are crafted, which are more of a luxury than a requirement
  • Well about that farming feedstocks and general issue of dismantling...

    If it takes so much time to grind feedstocks then at least the success of enchanting should be increased greatly. Otherwise gaining 200 feedstocks for one attempt (from plenty attempts) +13-15 seems to be ridiculously time consuming and discouraging.
Sign In or Register to comment.