[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Another TERA rip off?

Surely by now you guys have seen or heard about this game right? Imperio Online. The website is in Spanish by the way. Point is, i recently saw a trailer of this game. Not sure if this is theft or if they actually bought the license to use elements from TERA into their game.

Comments

• AshernAshern ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ugh, Hanbitsoft. Hoped I had seen the last of them. I was gonna say "The only thing I noticed was the armor looked just like the Human Male (can't remember the name) heavy armor", and then a wild Polyphemus appeared LOL. Every single boss that appeared thereafter was definitely FedEx'd straight from Tera. But I can't help but feel like this isn't even a real game? Why is the optimization so bad when it's the developer's youtube...Models popping in slowly as the camera turned, chuggy FPS, and 100% bland landscape...

Actually, after looking further, it isn't a real game at all. Well it might be, but appears to me like somebody literally extracted models out of random games, and then made a game in Unity with said models, or created a private server of some other game. It's not even made by Hanbitsoft...whoever made it is in for a big lawsuit I would assume.
  • I must emphasize the question of why the game run and look so bad on an official trailer... Does the grass even have a texture because I can't tell.
  • Oh my god, that's awful. Just.. plain awful.
    Excuse me while I go bleach my eyes.
  • They took stuff from TERA but holy god what the [filtered] did they do? LOL.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acendia wrote: »
    I must emphasize the question of why the game run and look so bad on an official trailer... Does the grass even have a texture because I can't tell.

When i saw the video, i thought of the exact same thing. Looking through some of the other videos in the channel, they have also used a lot of the armor models from TERA. Going to their website, it shows how many ppl are online, and it doesn't even reach 100.
  • Almost all Mobs of this trailer is from Tera. How dare... x.x"
  • It's not a real game. It's a fan-made abomination. It's either a game made in Unity using various games' models, or is a private server of some other game (my bet is on Unity due to how bare bones the UI is).
  • This video made me laugh. Thanks for this OP I needed a good chuckle. =)
  • That made me cringe owo!
  • Ye titans, that godawful damage-point font.
  • Acendia wrote: »
    I must emphasize the question of why the game run and look so bad on an official trailer... Does the grass even have a texture because I can't tell.

I know, right? The textures look worse than a lot of games from 2000. Is this a student project or something?
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't really about TERA. Moving to off-topic.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG how their graphic can be worse than tera :lol: