[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

and just when we thought PVP was coming back to tera

THEY DONT PUT GVGS ON ALL THE DAMN SEVERS
«13

Comments

  • what do you mean?
  • THEY DONT PUT GVGS ON ALL THE DAMN SEVERS
    what do you mean?

    you cant start gvg's on PVE servers, you used to be able to tho, so they didnt really bring "back" GvG did they
  • You chose a pve server for a reason, deal with it.
  • The whole reason I chose to be on a PvE server was to avoid PvP, so I'm rather glad they do that. True, that was before I knew that PvP wasn't an always on state, but still.
  • Thomastic wrote: »
    You chose a pve server for a reason, deal with it.

    i dunno if you remember the old GvG system from years back, but thats the GvG system i wanted to to be returning you can read it on the launcher return .... not this [filtered] they gave us
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thomastic wrote: »
    You chose a pve server for a reason, deal with it.

    PPL chose PVE Server maybe b/c they don't want bored higher levels PK'em? Also I know many in CH are good at PVP and can enjoy it. Dreamworks and Pixar used to be good pvpers. So nope you are being right.
  • KylaraFrostKylaraFrost ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Thomastic wrote: »
    You chose a pve server for a reason, deal with it.

    PPL chose PVE Server maybe b/c they don't want bored higher levels PK'em? Also I know many in CH are good at PVP and can enjoy it. Dreamworks and Pixar used to be good pvpers. So nope you are being right.

    There used to be a bunch of PvP on CH, it kind of died down to a bunch of drama, alliance "issues," and those two guilds you mentioned. (Almost entirely the first one.) I don't want to skirt outside of the forum rules so I'll state it in a manner I hope won't call out people, (and won't get me in trouble with the mods, :( ) most of the good PvPers weren't in a PvP guild and everyone knew each other or knew someone that knew another person. It was very disorganized all in all, and anytime someone attempted to set up PvP groups they got flatted and heavily harassed by the already formed group which already had numbers and maxed out gear. The already formed "group" was also incredibly toxic so people eventually just went to other servers for PvP. In a bit of irony this situation actually formed from all the main PvP groups leaving when enmasse started up a new server and allowed free transfers. (All groups except one.) There's been a small resurgence since alliance was removed and the above group fell apart, but it's nowhere like it was.


    And in case you think I'm just some random person spewing garbage, a friend of my who ended up as one of the alliance leaders a number of times got banned 3 times from being mass reported by alt accounts just before conflict. (3 times around, unbanned within a day or two from admins each time. It only took 100 account reports to auto ban someone for those that don't know.) This isn't even mentioning all the spam and garbage many players had to deal with. When I say it was toxic, I mean really really toxic. :(

    Frankly now it's probably best to just move to a PvP server considering the state of everything. People on PvP servers are far more likely to be experienced and that should promote a better environment. (Particularly for people trying to get better.) And if you like to PvP a lot, you will have more people that would be willing to fight.
  • frazerlyD wrote: »
    THEY DONT PUT GVGS ON ALL THE [filtered] SEVERS

    gvg's are annoying.
    it's GOOD the pve servers are not bothered by this.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KylaraFrost I remember those days too well, I know what you mean, but the tone of some players is like no one pvps in PVE servers. I have couple of friends which doing only PVP and BG. They just like the quiet leveling and less toxicity that comes from core pvpers which u can even see in forums.

    Not referring to all of them. I have been on PVP servers quite often, lots of nice players there.
  • frazerlyD wrote: »
    THEY DONT PUT GVGS ON ALL THE [filtered] SEVERS

    Eh no thanks, I picked PvE servers for a reason so go away
  • I actually would've liked to see GvG on PvE servers too...
    Reason I didn't go for a PvP server is because I honestly didn't feel like getting ganked by 65s or something while leveling and such.
    I don't see how GvG being on PvE servers is a bad thing, guilds have to initiate it and such anyway, it's not like you can get ganked if you're just randomly playing the game. (Unless you're of course in a guild that's doing a GvG at that time.)
  • Honestly, if you picked a pve server you shoulden't be wanting to gvg. Gvgs are just annoying to real players who actually do dungeons instead of wanting to be assholes and just killing people. It's mindless and takes no skill, get over it and learn to pve. This was honestly the best decision EME has made in a while, now elitist people like you can't go around killing actual players who want to enjoy Tera's content.
  • @LesbianVi You say there are good PvPers, but honestly you can't be good at something that takes no skill in the first place, I could start pvping today and beat everyone on ch within a week. It's so easy compared to having to deal with actual mechanics in end game dungeons so please don't talk as if pvp takes any skill.
  • Luxrelia wrote: »
    @LesbianVi You say there are good PvPers, but honestly you can't be good at something that takes no skill in the first place, I could start pvping today and beat everyone on ch within a week. It's so easy compared to having to deal with actual mechanics in end game dungeons so please don't talk as if pvp takes any skill.

    Holy [filtered] the bait is real here.
    As if being good at PvP on CH is even an accomplishment.
This discussion has been closed.