[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Class ranking to solo IoD bams

edited December 2016 in PvE Discussion
In your opinion wich is the best and worst class for soloing IoD Bams?

Comments

• AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    If you are experienced with a Sorc they just melt
  • Assuming you are solo, (and in my opinion,) Warrior, Brawler, Gunner, and Archer all should be able to get them to melt.
    Both Warrior / Brawler can do well with front crit crystals, Gunner still can use AB from the front and backcrit them.
    And Archer is Archer right now. :p
  • Brawler always. First Place.

U can basically Faceroll tank any bam, kill it fast, while at the same time doing something else. (watch a movie for example) You could even do it using your toes instead of your fingers.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you are solo, (and in my opinion,) Warrior, Brawler, Gunner, and Archer all should be able to get them to melt.
    Both Warrior / Brawler can do well with front crit crystals, Gunner still can use AB from the front and backcrit them.
    And Archer is Archer right now. :p

Actually what makes archer op against bams now isn't buffed up damage, it's 100% stagger on sequential fire on a 3-4 sec cooldown, then just rotate between PA/RA and TB. PvP wombo combo is there as well but stuns don't work sometimes.
  • KyouhukouKyouhukou
    edited December 2016
    Ninja melts them fast with crits, and then you have so many iFrames to use as well
  • 1. Brawler - cuz it's easy. Easiest.
    2. Sorc - fast OP dps.
    3. Ninja - easy to steal back.
    4. Archer- burst damag is good. They have more stun skills than Sorc. I like new iframe with direction button.
    5. +15 Lancer - +12 Guile lancer is slower compare to same geared Sorc, Archer, Ninja or Brawler.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mystic does them in ~20 minutes with Guile, faster than my Archer, Ninja, Brawler, Sorc, in that order.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    before it was brawler and gunner

now if you are good to dodge it is sorcerer and maybe archer :)
  • For me it's brawler, archer and sorcerer. Brawlers can prevent BAMs from running around the whole map, which usually is the real cause of long fights in IoD (from that point of view, lancers geared for DPS should also be really fast). Archer's sequential fire staggers BAM's almost without a fail, sometimes monsters can't even touch me because of that. Sorcerers surely can beat both brawles and archers, but I'm in general a bad sorc, nevertheless, a single well placed Meteor Strike can chew almost half of a tier 3 BAM even if you're only wearing a +12 guile weapon.
    I would add to that list: "any class you're confortable with", if you can keep the fight timer under 30 seconds you can simply make many alts of the same class.

Also, try to change to power setup whenever you pick up a Keening Dawn Mote, sometimes that can help you reduce the fight's lenght by half.
  • berserker at top
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on skill, gear, ping.
    For me though, Sorc>Ninja>Brawler for top 3, haven't tried Archer.
  • My opinions about SOLO IoD bams

Best tier - brawler, kill 3 bams together
    mystic - overbuffed attack power against IoD bams
    ninja - best mobility, charkra thrust can 100% stun bams.
    archer - I don't try new archer yet but I heard archer's sequential fire can nearly 100% stagger bams.

Mid tier - slayer, has trouble dealing with onyx hydranth, OP AOE lightning, but rest are ok
    warrior - similar to slayer
    reaper - similar to slayer
    lancer - 10 stacks of hold the line is great
    priest - kaia's shield!

Trash tier - sorc, yes your spells are still not fast enough and your stuns are too unreliable. Metoer strike CRIT or GTFO
    gunner - party with a tank please, bams just don't let you burst fire
    Zerk - bring health potions OMFG, bams may be drop insufficient mote for you.
  • someone want bot iod farm

im do iod daylies with priest xD
  • mollyya wrote: »
    My opinions about SOLO IoD bams

Best tier - brawler, kill 3 bams together
    mystic - overbuffed attack power against IoD bams
    ninja - best mobility, charkra thrust can 100% stun bams.
    archer - I don't try new archer yet but I heard archer's sequential fire can nearly 100% stagger bams.

Mid tier - slayer, has trouble dealing with onyx hydranth, OP AOE lightning, but rest are ok
    warrior - similar to slayer
    reaper - similar to slayer
    lancer - 10 stacks of hold the line is great
    priest - kaia's shield!

Trash tier - sorc, yes your spells are still not fast enough and your stuns are too unreliable. Metoer strike CRIT or GTFO
    gunner - party with a tank please, bams just don't let you burst fire
    Zerk - bring health potions OMFG, bams may be drop insufficient mote for you.

maybe you need hands for trash tier

is more easy make lv 65 casual class instead buy hands B)
  • mollyya wrote: »
    ... Mid tier - slayer, has trouble dealing with onyx hydranth, OP AOE lightning, but rest are ok...

The melee lightning will almost always come after a ranged lightning, you need to stun the Hydrath either before or right after it casts the ranged one, Startling Kick is the best skill for that since Stunning Backhand tends to fail frequently. I normally do the tier 3 BAMs with a slayer -main character-, archer, brawler and if I feel like it, sorcerer too.
    mollyya wrote: »
    ...Trash tier - sorc, yes your spells are still not fast enough and your stuns are too unreliable. Metoer strike CRIT or GTFO...

Not quite, I'm a terrible sorc yet I'm able to keep the farming time on acceptable rates. The thing you'll have more trouble with is the charge attack from giants and hydraths (because you'll have to chase them if you fail to interrupt the attack), but the easiest thing to do is to iframe through and dump meteor, nova or whatever combination you use. Also, whenever a tier 3 casts a "scary" attack you can simply spam Warp Barrier and proceed to stun the BAM or simply dump another combo on it.

And yes, Sequential Fire has an almost 100% stagger chance, I've managed to interrump the hydraths melee lightning or giant's charge with it.