[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Recent Server Stability Issues

Comments

• I just got on after maintance and experiencing ping spikes, getting dc. From EU
  • edited December 2016
    Fafhred1 wrote: »
    Still, I reinstalled Tera and those tasks are still there, without any means so far to terminate them, while their number is likely to keep growing over time; I am currently investigating 3rd-party substitutes to Task Manager to do what it used to do on previous Windows versions.
    That still does not remove the issue of how they came to be that way, which definitely seem to be an issue with Tera itself when used on Windows 10.
    It's not an issue with TERA on Windows 10 in general. I've been using Windows 10 since it came out, and have never had this issue. If the suspended processes are still there when you uninstall the game and restart the computer, then they're the same processes that were active days/weeks ago and just for some reason they're not being removed from the list.

In any case... I don't think any of this really has anything to do with the issues people are having with lag; there's just something wrong with your machine.
  • I pretty much DC every couple minutes.
  • Experiencing around 3k ping and almost instant DC after logging in, the launcher barely wants to start up, it started maybe 10-15 mins ago.
  • Logged in after maintenance, which was over sooner than they said, so my dear World bosses were already killed. ok, nevermind, I could not move.. WASD did nothing, could only move with arrow keys and skills xD
    exited tera, restarted my laptop. and ... i could not log in even. error 118. or othertimes just say restart the launcher bla bla bla. Finally It fixed it self, somehow, and I'm back.. killed one monster -DC ... now can not log in again
  • One more week on Wednesday, this post has been officially opened for 1 month. Yay!

So, is there any update on the server stability Issues? More like, will there be an updates? I believed most players and I are very concern about the server lag and dc recently, and it is affecting very much on how we enjoy this game.

Next week, on our 1 month anniversary of this post. I do think that we deserve at least an update on how is this issue progressing, and how long is this process going to take until it is resolved.

If there are zero progress on how to address this issue, please don't just ignore us, we would love to hear your honest answer. And i'm sure, there are a lot of people would like to provide assistance.

#ibelieve!
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    For those whose complaining about lag recently while most of us who has been here crying for help and resolve about a month.
    tumblr_o3y4pherIa1s3h43ko1_500.gif
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Lag spikes don't stop coming...

• SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an ISP traffic issue that was reported to us this morning. It affected multiple regions and lasted approx 20-25 minutes beginning around 8:45 a.m. (not long after servers came up from maintenance). Unfortunately there's nothing we can do in these situations, but we've been assured by our ISP that action has been taken to make sure things stabilize.
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I don't know what was changed but for last 2 weeks, i had no issue at all. Now after today's maintenance, my ping is hovering around 100ms-200ms and it usually stays at 20-30ms.

Edit: now after dreamstorm is over, my ping is back to normal. Something with dreamstorm causing these jumps?....
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    @Fafhred1 @counterpoint This sounds like an issue to do with how Windows "shuts down". Technically, Windows 10 by default utilises "fast-boot" as the default shut down mode, which is actually a sped up hibernation process, and systems that start up from fast-boot often have processes left-over from when it was shut down using fastboot. I found this out the hard way because my gaming rig currently has a triple boot between Windows 7, 10 and Linux and Windows 10 left my disks NTFS partitions in a mounted state when went to boot into Linux.

Try turning off fast boot and report back if you haven't already.

@Spacecats Daily Report (07/Dec/2016): Started gaming at 10:00 PM GMT, ran SSHM and watched party members die in the respective safe zones for the mechanics randomly. At 11:10 GMT, I started missing skills in RMNM and had skills do front crit damage when I was in position for a backcrit (yes, I know how backcrits work and that that hitbox stays then jumps when the boss turns).

At 11:30PM GMT, I was on my second RMNM run where the party executed the "Die, all of you!" mechanic perfectly, only for the party members who had to go to the outer ring die 6 seconds after the mechanic had finished. At 11:50GMT, we started the last boss where I was continuing to miss skills and die to mechanics whilst in my iframes. Further, one of the party completely stopped in their tracks for periods of 20+ seconds at least twice during the fight and looting process.
  • FafhredFafhred ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    @Fafhred1 @counterpoint This sounds like an issue to do with how Windows "shuts down". Technically, Windows 10 by default utilises "fast-boot" as the default shut down mode, which is actually a sped up hibernation process, and systems that start up from fast-boot often have processes left-over from when it was shut down using fastboot. I found this out the hard way because my gaming rig currently has a triple boot between Windows 7, 10 and Linux and Windows 10 left my disks NTFS partitions in a mounted state when went to boot into Linux.

That was it, Thank you very much :awesome:
    Really sneaky modification from Microsoft.
  • Fafhred1 wrote: »

Not that new, though, Windows 8.1 does the same by default.
  • FafhredFafhred ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Fafhred1 wrote: »

Not that new, though, Windows 8.1 does the same by default.

I went from 7 to 10 for myself, used some 8 computers but never as the main user, so I never came across that issue before.
    And having arrived to IT from Electronics (meaning knowing that computers memory need to be reset now and then, and why, like here), it never crossed my mind that Microsoft would have deemed otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.