[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The old Tera.

Comments

• Ahh the old Tera, without this [filtered] avatar weapons, without gender locked classes....

More player skill, less right click...

Old times!! :(
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aulon wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Levelling was always fast, you just didn't know how to do it.
    BAMs were revamped because nobody was doing them as there were more of a massive, boring wall of HP than anything else.
    I went in and winged all the levelling dungeons. Can also find you a video of a warrior soloing the oh-so-difficult CR during CBT or early release.
    If you like to read the story, you still can, zone quests are still around.
    If you like to explore, well, let's be honest, Tera never was an exploration-based game and now it's even worse because they listened to players and made flying mounts.
    KN was, indeed, a nice dungeon. ET was just like all the current dungeons: recycled BAMS leading up to the last boss who's sort of new but "borrows" mechanics and patterns from previous bosses.
    The removal of stamina was the least stupid thing they did when they butchered consumables.

A lot of people where doing bams before they where nerfed. Leveling fighting a bam that would enrage and punish you for making a single mistake to many back then was fun, more so that there was a large petition to stop the nerf. Now they are just exp pinyatas, no challenge, no fun, just whake them to get free experience.

Yeah, so many people loved the old BAMs, they just didn't like fighting them. It was so much fun, people were unanimously advised to "just ignore them, they are not worth it". BAM spawns were so crowded, barely anyone was ever there. They were so challenging, it was really hard to resist falling asleep.
  • That said, his comment matches my experience in those days too. Right after TERA launched, it was easy and fun to find BAM parties; I have good memories of those days. But after a few months, once more of the playerbase reached end-game, the general consensus among new/leveling players was that they weren't worth the effort considering the rewards, and most people skipped them entirely. You couldn't really find BAM parties anymore. There were some hardcore players who just loved the challenge of soloing them, but most people just skipped all the 5-person quests except dungeons.

For all the talk about liking a challenge, TERA players in general have always been pretty focused on low-effort/high-reward opportunities in every aspect of the game. And even though people complain about avatar weapons, most people won't choose to take them off. I think, for some, it's more about the perception of being more skilled than others than about really wanting a personal challenge -- and the developers clearly made the decision they wanted the game to be more welcoming to people who are less skilled as well.
  • Welcome to the modern day MMO's. Kids now days don't want a challenge, they want to mash the keyboard with their faces and win w/o thinking.. Sadly, EME/BH are trying to save a dying game and this is the result. At least you and many others got to experience this game while it was still a challenge.
    My last toon grind, I leveled a brawler. Soloed every 5m dungeon in the game as soon as I hit the minimum lvl. The first dungeon that gave me a challenge was sky garden. Died I think once but beat it, including the extra bonus platform solo. In their defense though, the q times for low lvl dungeons would be 30-45mins+ if you were anything but a tank/healer. So something needed to be changed so people could still run dungeons pre 65.
  • SomentineSomentine ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Can also find you a video of a warrior soloing the oh-so-difficult CR during CBT or early release.

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ztoka wrote: »
    EME/BH are trying to save a dying game and this is the result. At least you and many others got to experience this game while it was still a challenge.

i dont remember we asked for only girly class, OP class, removed content, +15 stuff, level 65, more acessories or etching, i dont know what koreans want, but it is not because us if the game is in bad shape
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several posts in this thread have been moderated due to bickering, political references, off-topic comments, and general rudeness towards one another.
  • Somentine wrote: »
    Can also find you a video of a warrior soloing the oh-so-difficult CR during CBT or early release.

You know.... There is a difference between someone that probably did a new warrior just to prove a point and are actually professional with warriors than someone that just entered the said dungeon for the first time.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    X97KGYKCTP wrote: »
    Somentine wrote: »

You know.... There is a difference between someone that probably did a new warrior just to prove a point and are actually professional with warriors than someone that just entered the said dungeon for the first time.

You know...the contradiction is strong with this one. The same thing you are saying about this warrior applies to every single person here who's complaining about "things being too easy". You found it hard back then, this guy solo'd it during what appears to be CBT/early access. Is the game supposed to cater to whatever you, personally, find too hard/too easy? Or are other people allowed to pitch in as well?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    X97KGYKCTP wrote: »

New people still die there, so what's your point? I've leveled over 20 healer alts, if there isn't someone else leveling an alt someone dies if I alt tab or play dps Mystic.
  • Man, you made me nostalgic.

TERA in 2012 was a different thing. F2P changed that.

:bawling:
  • D4RK3Y3DLYNXD4RK3Y3DLYNX ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The game started to suck for me when +15 vm4 stuff came out. I ain't got no time (or money) for that. And don't even get me started on trying to roll 4 power and 4 crit factor on my freakin' rings. #bestrngsimulator2016 #neveragain
  • Bring back nexus , thats my 2 cent
  • X97KGYKCTP wrote: »

As Mag said, this was during CBT. He was new to the game, just not bad at it.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    DF is supposed to be a "learning" dungeon.
    What does it teach? You're not required to iframe/block anything.
    Early level dungeons teach nothing as well.
    Question, how are new players supposed to have any sense of experience for hard modes?

lilith keep, ssnm, kaprima vault, we cant facetank in ssnm and lilith keep