[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Regarding Fraywind Canyon being equalized

So I made this thread:

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/8062/fraywind-is-now-equalized

After Spellbound came out, regarding the news of FWC being equalized. It got alot of attention, but there is still no definite word on it. People have posted in the thread and it was disabled to be moved to the top of general discussion when people post it in it, for reasons I don't know why.

Can we get some information or updates on this? @Spacecats ; @Denommenator

We really need FWC back. If there are no double credits or power hours, it's dead, even now its rather dead. There are no Imperator mats in it, The Ambush mats are priced ridiculously. We need a reduction in the prices at least. When starfall mats were in there, they were reasonably priced at 2.5k BC Credits for Spars and Obkmas, Ghostly seals were 5k each, and Hearts were 10k each, That kept BG's alive and well. With the newly adjusted costs, they're dead, as well as it being equalized, it's made the newly buffed, worked hard for gear Conflate useless. No reason to get conflate or do battlegrounds.

At least lower the prices of ambush gear. 160k KS for a Lady's Handkerchief? Serious? While it takes 15 of those to make a weapon, that is over 1.5million credits to be farmed. That will take forever considering BG's hardly pop if at all.

Please shed some light on this EME and revive our beloved battlegrounds.
«1

Comments

  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    - Store for BGs needs work
    - Bring back FWC UN-EQ

    Let's have PvP in TERA again!
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're communicated player desire for un-equalized Fraywind Canyon to Bluehole and the ball is currently in their court. There aren't any announcements to be made on the topic specifically, but we have seen an increase in Battleground participation thanks to the Power Hours scheduled throughout December.

    As for BG merchants, I agree they could use adjusting in a few places. I've collected quite a bit of feedback from players and the Player Council on this, and it's a topic the TERA crew plans to address in the near future.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats don't listen only to them, and Power Hours prove what I've said all along that it's the rewards that suck which is why it's dead. Previously FWC used to be broken in rewards (as in too good), it was the best battleground to farm KS credits for the time investment, no wonder it popped all the time. If you ask me that spoiled these people up and now they think they can come up with any reason. Nevermind the fact that it's Skyring who should be the BG for KS credits. Now that FWC is more "normal" in rewards you get to see this, the pain that Skyring has always endured.

    These guys make no sense, if you ask them how balanced matches were when it was non-equalized, they'll say "everyone has Conflate cause it's so easy to make" as argument that it was balanced. And now just take a look at the first post when he said "worked hard for gear", which invalidates the previous argument. Contradictions everywhere.

    Some people love the EQ FWC too, see: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/9269/literally-loving-equa-fwc-yes-i-really-do
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    So I made this thread:

    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/8062/fraywind-is-now-equalized

    We really need FWC back. If there are no double credits or power hours, it's dead, even now its rather dead. There are no Imperator mats in it, The Ambush mats are priced ridiculously. We need a reduction in the prices at least. When starfall mats were in there, they were reasonably priced at 2.5k BC Credits for Spars and Obkmas, Ghostly seals were 5k each, and Hearts were 10k each, That kept BG's alive and well. With the newly adjusted costs, they're dead, as well as it being equalized, it's made the newly buffed, worked hard for gear Conflate useless. No reason to get conflate or do battlegrounds.

    At least lower the prices of ambush gear. 160k for a Lady's Handkerchief? Serious? While it takes 15 of those to make a weapon, that is over 1.5million credits to be farmed. That will take forever considering BG's hardly pop if at all.

    Please shed some light on this EME and revive our beloved battlegrounds.

    I totally agree.

    The major problem is, lady's handkerchief requires Killing Spree point. It used to be 100k BC point for VM7 mat. EME seems, not knowing how hard to get Killing Spree point now. It takes about 40 min to join FWC without BG event.

    I love what EME doing with Current BG event. That's great idea. But, still you need to reduce mats price in BG shop. And, change KS point to BC point.

    Again, without event, KUMA is fastest BG for matching. Lossing Kuma gives only 1k KS point. 100 KUMA maybe = 1 lady's handkerchief.

    We need 23. It will take 2300 kuma runs for just lady's handkerchief mat.

  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    dinners wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    So I made this thread:

    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/8062/fraywind-is-now-equalized

    We really need FWC back. If there are no double credits or power hours, it's dead, even now its rather dead. There are no Imperator mats in it, The Ambush mats are priced ridiculously. We need a reduction in the prices at least. When starfall mats were in there, they were reasonably priced at 2.5k BC Credits for Spars and Obkmas, Ghostly seals were 5k each, and Hearts were 10k each, That kept BG's alive and well. With the newly adjusted costs, they're dead, as well as it being equalized, it's made the newly buffed, worked hard for gear Conflate useless. No reason to get conflate or do battlegrounds.

    At least lower the prices of ambush gear. 160k for a Lady's Handkerchief? Serious? While it takes 15 of those to make a weapon, that is over 1.5million credits to be farmed. That will take forever considering BG's hardly pop if at all.

    Please shed some light on this EME and revive our beloved battlegrounds.

    I totally agree.

    The major problem is, lady's handkerchief requires Killing Spree point. It used to be 100k BC point for VM7 mat. EME seems, not knowing how hard to get Killing Spree point now. It takes about 40 min to join FWC without BG event.

    I love what EME doing with Current BG event. That's great idea. But, still you need to reduce mats price in BG shop. And, change KS point to BC point.

    Again, without event, KUMA is fastest BG for matching. Lossing Kuma gives only 1k KS point. 100 KUMA maybe = 1 lady's handkerchief.

    We need 23. It will take 2300 kuma runs for just lady's handkerchief mat.

    Yea I meant killing spree. I'll go ahead and edit my post thanks.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Borsuc wrote: »
    @Spacecats don't listen only to them, and Power Hours prove what I've said all along that it's the rewards that suck which is why it's dead. Previously FWC used to be broken in rewards (as in too good), it was the best battleground to farm KS credits for the time investment, no wonder it popped all the time. If you ask me that spoiled these people up and now they think they can come up with any reason. Nevermind the fact that it's Skyring who should be the BG for KS credits. Now that FWC is more "normal" in rewards you get to see this, the pain that Skyring has always endured.

    These guys make no sense, if you ask them how balanced matches were when it was non-equalized, they'll say "everyone has Conflate cause it's so easy to make" as argument that it was balanced. And now just take a look at the first post when he said "worked hard for gear", which invalidates the previous argument. Contradictions everywhere.

    Some people love the EQ FWC too, see: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/9269/literally-loving-equa-fwc-yes-i-really-do

    It's clear you don't understand the reasoning behind not liking the so called "balanced" gear. It won't get through so I won't keep commenting back.


    ---
    @Spacecats
    If let's say it's a 50/50 split. Why not bring have it like it was years ago... BOTH versions. Let the people decide what they want to play.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Nobody said anything about your "reasoning" or balanced gear in the first place. Because like it or not, it's just YOUR opinion and others' who share it, not an absolute fact.

    I don't have any issues with both versions as long as they are identical in rewards, in every single aspect. Every SINGLE aspect. "Before" was not the case, normal FWC had daily and other things, EQ version did not, skewed the thing completely with an obvious bias. If people were so sure like you about this whole thing they wouldn't need to resort to that to cheat the activity, now would they?
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It's not an absolute fact? Are you [filtered] serious right now?

    The so called balanced gear clearly favors the new classes. There is next to no defence. No stun reduction! I won't go into length about it. It's been posted several times.

    It's not just my opinion. Anyone who PvPs can instantly tell you what's wrong with the gear and why it shouldn't be in the end game battleground.
  • I don't understand why BHS can't tailor the equalized gears to actually be useful despite inviting/asking for so much feedback from veteran PvP players in Ktera.
    We don't have a problem with equalized gears in bg, we have a problem with OUR current equalized gears because it's trash.
    Personally I think EME can fix the issue themselves, as I remember there was a time right after a big update, the equalized gear in CS was so outdated and EME changed them into a more decent set after the very next maintenance. Now they're just pushing all the problem onto BHS because they know our voice won't reach Korea anyway.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Sylviette wrote: »
    I don't understand why BHS can't tailor the equalized gears to actually be useful despite inviting/asking for so much feedback from veteran PvP players in Ktera.
    We don't have a problem with equalized gears in bg, we have a problem with OUR current equalized gears because it's trash.
    Personally I think EME can fix the issue themselves, as I remember there was a time right after a big update, the equalized gear in CS was so outdated and EME changed them into a more decent set after the very next maintenance. Now they're just pushing all the problem onto BHS because they know our voice won't reach Korea anyway.

    I don't mind the EQ gear if it was rolled correctly and on a per class basis. You can't just shove everyone into the same gear and expect one not to be favored over the others.

    What is appealing (or was...) about TERAs end game pvp was that some of the battlegrounds you could use your own gear in. Your own rolls, customization, all choice was yours to make. They've completely ruined that part of the game and to some it's a big deal breaker.

  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    It's not an absolute fact? Are you [filtered] serious right now?

    The so called balanced gear clearly favors the new classes. There is next to no defence. No stun reduction! I won't go into length about it. It's been posted several times.

    It's not just my opinion. Anyone who PvPs can instantly tell you what's wrong with the gear and why it shouldn't be in the end game battleground.
    I didn't say the equalized gear is balanced or not, I only said your imbalance argument is just an opinion, one that BHS maybe not share, ever thought about it? I'm not working for BHS, so why would it matter what my opinion is?

    Stun reduction is an obvious example. Ever thought that, if BHS intended stuns to be balanced around them reduced by 20%, they would just make shorter stuns for all classes...? Just to illustrate my point: I agree with you about stun reduction, but that doesn't make it any less of an opinion.

    Anyway, eq gear may be imbalanced, not disagreeing, but normal gear is extremely broken / imbalanced too. One reason: CDR. CDR is the thing that breaks the entire game's balance.

    See? I can make opinionated statements too (and I actually believe it, there's not a single stat I hate more than CDR, there was no CDR during VM1 in BGs anyway, and those times were the most balanced)
  • Towards battle grounds I think that only threes should be Un equilaized
    And the price of the bell store drops
    And if fray wind cannon be Un equal then just for the sake of pvp to even try to make it balance so one team is not wrecking the newly pvpers is to at least fix it where they can at least gear themselves and stop only catering to pve only some people play tera only for pvp and bluehole killed it to forcing the player base to pve to get gear where it can be both ways like it use to be I dono who idea was it to remove pvp but that was a bad move
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    berrymilk wrote: »
    Towards battle grounds I think that only threes should be Un equilaized
    And the price of the bell store drops
    And if fray wind cannon be Un equal then just for the sake of pvp to even try to make it balance so one team is not wrecking the newly pvpers is to at least fix it where they can at least gear themselves and stop only catering to pve only some people play tera only for pvp and bluehole killed it to forcing the player base to pve to get gear where it can be both ways like it use to be I dono who idea was it to remove pvp but that was a bad move

    Every BG needs to be balanced in that case. Even Wintera there is always a 1 sided team, and gear doesn't even matter at all.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    berrymilk wrote: »
    Towards battle grounds I think that only threes should be Un equilaized
    And the price of the bell store drops
    And if fray wind cannon be Un equal then just for the sake of pvp to even try to make it balance so one team is not wrecking the newly pvpers is to at least fix it where they can at least gear themselves and stop only catering to pve only some people play tera only for pvp and bluehole killed it to forcing the player base to pve to get gear where it can be both ways like it use to be I dono who idea was it to remove pvp but that was a bad move

    Every BG needs to be balanced in that case. Even Wintera there is always a 1 sided team, and gear doesn't even matter at all.

    If we are talking about player skill being the barrier to one dominating the other in stuff like KUMAS and Wintera, then don't bother. The winner for that is always the one who hits the most. If a battle is onesided, it is usually because one team is more skillful at something than the other.

    For EQ gear though, it isn't always the case. If you give more defence variables, resistences to stuns etc. you cancel out many of the one-shots people hate. And as much as I hate to say this, it also can't be in the other end, where players are unkillable because they heal back to full.

    I honestly agree with you though, 3s has always been the elitist battleground. Why can't 3s be Un-eq and buffed in terms of rewards since it is the highest level of play? The only reason why 3s were popping back then was crusade, and players showing off their skills in general. Now there is no crusade, and I really really don't see any reason to stay on the 3s leaderboard now that no one knows about it.

    The reason why EQ gear from Un-EQ FWC was garbage is because it can't even compare to the lowtier gear that we know in terms of defence variables, leaving them to easy oneshots by people who probably aren't even in +15 lol.
    Borsuc wrote: »
    Koikoi wrote: »
    It's not an absolute fact? Are you [filtered] serious right now?

    The so called balanced gear clearly favors the new classes. There is next to no defence. No stun reduction! I won't go into length about it. It's been posted several times.

    It's not just my opinion. Anyone who PvPs can instantly tell you what's wrong with the gear and why it shouldn't be in the end game battleground.
    I didn't say the equalized gear is balanced or not, I only said your imbalance argument is just an opinion, one that BHS maybe not share, ever thought about it? I'm not working for BHS, so why would it matter what my opinion is?

    Stun reduction is an obvious example. Ever thought that, if BHS intended stuns to be balanced around them reduced by 20%, they would just make shorter stuns for all classes...? Just to illustrate my point: I agree with you about stun reduction, but that doesn't make it any less of an opinion.

    Anyway, eq gear may be imbalanced, not disagreeing, but normal gear is extremely broken / imbalanced too. One reason: CDR. CDR is the thing that breaks the entire game's balance.

    See? I can make opinionated statements too (and I actually believe it, there's not a single stat I hate more than CDR, there was no CDR during VM1 in BGs anyway, and those times were the most balanced)

    I've that feeling that they have never balanced skills for PvP, or at least do it properly. The lightning trap on sorc for example was intended to last that long only because it allows you to do your meteor on BAMs, where they don't have stun reduction.

    If CDR is unbalanced, then why are there no other real viable rolls? Not all classes really benefit with double ASpd with most of the main skill cooldowns not refreshing with 0% cdr, and crit factor top roll is as good as not having one sometimes.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Another week of Qing for fwc, afking, coming back 2 hours later and still in q.

    :thinking:

    When FWC or CS had
    issues and Treeshark was around he made things happen. I miss that dude.
Sign In or Register to comment.