Wintera snowfield and dropout bug.

Can something be done with the bug in wintera snowfield that get u system kicked from the match when u stay dead for too long during the game? @Spacecats @CobaltDragon

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Maltherii wrote: »
    Can something be done with the bug in wintera snowfield that get u system kicked from the match when u stay dead for too long during the game? @Spacecats @CobaltDragon

I believe the intended function to prevent getting kicked while dead in Wintera is to have a nearby player assist in resurrecting your character.

Obviously this isn't ideal in a lot of situations ( like when your character dies at the very beginning of a round ), but if your team communicates well and can dedicate a player to help you up, the dropout can be avoided.
  • @CobaltDragon Are you sure that's how it's supposed to function? It wasn't like that previously and doesn't seem fair you should be punished if your team either sucks or doesn't/can't res you

Doesn't make sense to get kicked from a match for this reason, that's why the snowman used to kill afk players at base (does this still happen?) to stop afking
  • Scythera wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon Are you sure that's how it's supposed to function? It wasn't like that previously and doesn't seem fair you should be punished if your team either sucks or doesn't/can't res you

Doesn't make sense to get kicked from a match for this reason, that's why the snowman used to kill afk players at base (does this still happen?) to stop afking

I did specifically ask our QA Team if the change was intentional, and they confirmed that it was.

As for the snowman, I believe the mechanic for killing players who remain on the starting platform is still there and works.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BG queue is annoying for Wintera Snowfield because the matches are so short you gotta wait 2-3 minutes to queue again.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    The BG queue is annoying for Wintera Snowfield because the matches are so short you gotta wait 2-3 minutes to queue again.

Yes, please remove the CD.

Also, the reward is really low, please bump it up. ~2k BC and ~1k KS on average every game makes more sense.

• Cobalt can you talk to them into fixing it? If it was intentional you know it was a bad idea, and should be fixed. It's irritating if you die at the start, and get kicked out, get a drop and no credit earned. They basically punish players for actually playing, what company does that. As for the asking someone else to resurrect, that's not something you even have at the start of the match its a chest drop, also most often than not other people busy trying to not die themselves. All I see nowdays is your team asking them about their intentions on every issue we have on our build, and be ok with whatever they say. You guys represent us, negotiate on our behalf, and look out for the community wellbeing.
  • Also, they seem to no longer work for the achievements. I've won a few matches and they don't show up on the achievement's counter. Oh, and is the Ambrrr quest not available either? I was really looking forward to trying to get my loremaster during the event. :/
  • Yakusan wrote: »
    Also, they seem to no longer work for the achievements. I've won a few matches and they don't show up on the achievement's counter. Oh, and is the Ambrrr quest not available either? I was really looking forward to trying to get my loremaster during the event. :/

There's a second set of achievements in the PvP section that these apply to. It doesn't not apply the old Seasonal Achievements, as these were for the old version of the battleground (from two years ago and before).
  • Literally stupid. Having bad teammates that don't revive you, punishes you by kicking you out and putting dropout? EME went full [filtered] with this one.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of this forsaken CD already.
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    can you guys add like Hot Chocolate pot to the box too?
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The dropout while dead was a terrible idea, I'm seeing multiple people getting kicked some games because of this. I would just say revert it if possible, whoever decided to implement it either didn't understand how the battleground works, or has no clue what constitutes acceptable fallout, every game having people who're actually trying to play get kicked because of this isn't ok, and is just going to discourage people from playing the BG. The fact that someone actually thought "their teammates will totally res them, it'll be fine" is hilarious.

Also, why be so concerned with afk kicks in Wintera anyway? Nobody is going to afk for 1k BC, 400 KS credits (less if you lose), and a chest that rarely drops decent cosmetic items. Improve the kicking in the BGs that actually have afkers, allowing kicking between rounds in Kumas and while in combat in FWC are changes that would actually discourage afking and improve those BGs, not scare people away from them like this.
  • REMOVE. THIS. NOW.
    We were at the 3rd round and i messed up, died at the start. I finally got a res and then i was kicked out for being 'afk' just as i got up. what.
    so i lost time playing 3 rounds, and now i gotta wait 15min for the dropout debuff?
    [filtered] this [filtered]
  • This is really [filtered]!

About to win and I got kicked out after getting a ress! This is stressful as hell!
  • Scythera wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon Are you sure that's how it's supposed to function? It wasn't like that previously and doesn't seem fair you should be punished if your team either sucks or doesn't/can't res you

I did specifically ask our QA Team if the change was intentional, and they confirmed that it was.

As for the snowman, I believe the mechanic for killing players who remain on the starting platform is still there and works.

well if its intentional that's a problem because the team is not resing and people are geting not only kicked but debuff to