[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

[KTERA - Interview] Lunar Dancer, New Dungeon, Dual Option System, and more! Winter Update Preview

Link to the translated Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VKoMV79Nw6BpywLh9e2KCXZpJz_66KgCuIQVmM1kvNU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to Seraphinush for helping with Translating~

leave questions and comments and I'll try to get to them~

Comments

• DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Gunner, Brawler, Ninja and next this "Lunar Dancer" (not officially named yet),
    Female High Elf/Female Castanic, Female Human, Elin (Female Popori) and Female Castanic..
    So, next Female Amani perhaps?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    @Aulon make a lore timeline plox :3
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    best tl;dr I have read in a long time lol.
  • Trion called. They want their class concept back.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @seraphinush

After the Devan Conquest, the Lunar Dancer of the ‘Moon Clan’ were massacred by their fellow Castanics on their way back to their hometown. In the midst of this tragedy, the sole surviving Lunar Dancer vows to get revenge upon those who betrayed the clan...

With the end of the Devan Conquest, each participating race began returning to their respective home. Among the Castanics, was the eldest daughter of the Moon Clan who participated in the war as her village representative.

Her clan was the moon that shone brightly in the darkness, and they did so in the war as well. When the Devan Conquest attacked toward the Castatics during the early stages of war, “Kaia’s Sword” sent official notices to the Leaders of Castanic Settlement to recruit soldiers, but other clans made various excuses to decline participating in the war. Nobody was forced to join, but it was obvious how they would be treated if there weren’t a single Castanic participating the war. At this time, this would mean subjecting to discrimination from not only other races, but including their own as well. That’s when Moon Clan decided to participate in the war, and the one with greatest skill in handling spears among the clan decided to enter the warzone herself.

She thankfully survived the long time on the battlefield. And in just four more days she was to return to her village. With pride in her accomplishments and thoughts of a warm welcome from her clansmen, she tended a soft smile. With that in mind, the fatigue from the battlefield seemed to wear off.

At the same time, the families who evacuated to Kaiator started returning to their village one by one to confirm their home village was still standing..

Note:
    tl;dr,
    > Devan Conquest began
    > “Kaia’s sword” asked if Castanics were joining
    > Leaders of Castanic : NOPE
    > Castanic leaders thought, [filtered] man, we gonna get bullied, and we’ll end up shitting on ourselves
    > Moon Clan: Hey I got my best spear user in our clan who’ll go
    > Lunar Dancer: [filtered] fam, I’ll [filtered] go you whimps.
    > War begins, Castanics evacuate to Kaiator
    > *omitted details about war* War ended after long battle
    > Each race that participated went to their homes.
    > Lunar Dancer is proud and happy about returning to her clan.
    > (Moon Clan was the only to participate in war amongst the Castanics)
    > Other clans jelly af
    > returns to village to see if clansmen are safe
    > finds out they were massacred by their own race
    > Swears on revenge

Typical BHS tragedy always saying stuff about revenge.

Timeline is present. looking at the story line the mention of "Kiai's Sword" this is a faction from Clan Castanic that formed during the Argon War. During the Argon War members of Clan Castanic witnessed Kiai fighting along side the mortal's, something they never seen before from a deity. They grew to respect her as she grew to respect how Clan Castanic lived every breath align with her own beliefs. So a military faction from Clan Castanic grew from this named Kiai Sword that.

The whole the ‘Moon Clan’ were massacred by their fellow Castanics makes little since in the time line, what I thought at first read was a time line like this.

During the Aman Deva Wars for Human homelands in Northern Arun, A mass Castanics turned away from their Kin, denouncing the Deva's and their use of Blood Magic in the Wars except a select few who still swore to protect Zuras. Then I read that the Moon Clan still fought along side the other Deva's thinking that after a battle the Deva's decided that, "Hey didn't the Castanics turn their back on us, what are these runts still doing here." Then started to purge the lands of any Castanic Clan that didn't melt into their fold. Deva's are more than happy to kill other Castanics, Cstanics on the other hand are an extremely tight knit race as well as respect each other if they decide to go do their own thing. They don't just go kill a villiage of fellow Castanic unless they oppose an extreme threat to them. Look back at the War of the Shoruded Rose for example, even thoughthe Pirates, Slave Traders and Demon assualted Castanica, afterwards once Clan Castanic claimed victory they became merchants with the Pirates because well make profit. One of Casanic main drives is that "How will we profit from our actions" they make no profit killing their own with no good reason.

The art of arcing story lines is not something BHS is very good at, suggest just having fun with it, create your own story, share it and enjoy each others creativity. Think of it as an adult coloring book with action combat.
  • "Love" the 'more emphasis on being skilled and reflexive' will make the new dungeons enjoyable. More like, play with less than 10ms ping or take a hike, it seems.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @seraphinush Time Line I envisioned

>Before the Divine War Amarun (Creator of the Amani) and Zuras (Creator of the Devas in which Castanics are a sub race of Devas) fought over Human Lands in Northern Arun

>The Devas turned the tide of the Wars once they started to us Blood and Necro Magic against the Amani who where still much a primitive race

>The Sub Races of Devas, the Castanics where disgusted by this, how the other Devas would turn the dead back up to fight against their brothers and sisters Amani.

>Many of them turned their backs to the other Devas, denouncing them and the War

>This lead to the Devas turning against them slaughtering any Catanic they could find

>Most of the Castanic clans bound together and fleed Northern Arun for Northern Shara to escape genocide

>This is where the Moon Clan comes into play

>Though they shared their disgust with the use of Necro and Blood Magic against their enemies, their love for their homeland as well as their Goddess overpowered it

>They remained behind to fight for Zuras in which they gained her protection from the other Deva's wraith

>Zuras Disappears and the smaller Clan starts to feel the threat from the other Deva races once again

>The Devas realized their use for now until one of the villiage leaders spoke out against the Devas in public and how they used the Blood and Necro Magic

>The Deva felt this could be a cancer inside them and slaughtered the villiage

>This is what the Warriors of the Clan came home to

>Cut off far from the rest of the Castanics they where trapped. For Centuries they tried to remain hidden in Northern Arun, hiding in the out skirts as the Devas found them they should no mercy

>Once the Storm Barrier was dropped they where able to connect with their fellow Castanics, uniting with them, helping them re pay their old siblings for the centuries of torment (aka kill them all with no mercy or regrets)

• Deluso wrote: »
    Female High Elf/Female Castanic, Female Human, Elin (Female Popori) and Female Castanic..

Try Elin>Fem Cast>Fem Elf> Fem Human>Elin>Fem Cast>Fem Elf>Fem Human>Elin.
  • So, what I got out of this is that they're basically remaking slayer but better.

And there goes another nail into the coffin.
  • Another dps :(
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deluso wrote: »

well, I don't think Tera live that long ;)
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    Nachshon wrote: »
    The upcoming “Lunar Dancer” is Female Castanic only Class, executing fancy attacks by utilizing the Moonlight.

Still waiting for my overpowered male gender locked class only.
    Nachshon wrote: »
    The upcoming “Lunar Dancer” is Female Castanic only Class, executing fancy attacks by utilizing the Moonlight.

Still waiting for my overpowered male gender locked class only.

Popo's /laugh is already the most OP animation in the game, what else do you want