Recent Server Stability Issues

Comments

• Mui wrote: »
    adbdfdf0130f6a2ac6fe704647370024.png

This has been happening constantly.

Me too.
  • Hey all. Looking into the "Ticket not found" launcher problem. I'll post again if I get more info on it. I've also got the Ops team looking into the Dreamstorm lag that continues after the server adjustment.
  • @Spacecats please consider the chance to remove the dreamstorm entirely.
    Nobody enjoys it, rewards are crappy, mobs are not scalled and die within seconds, and it causes major server instability.
    There are other events which can be launched. Even mangos are better.
  • edited December 2016
    Just got again the sequence server disconnection without apparent reason, then client never reaching the server selection menu.

Following this, when restarting the launcher it does not seem to find a server, and closes within a few seconds (before it would ask for login).
    http://tera.enmasse.com/server-status however shows the game servers up...
    Another US DDoS or US Internet outage ?

Update: all worked again about 10 minutes later; while the problem occurred, the rest of the Internet was fine for me, therefore the problem was not in my area.
  • edited December 2016
    My ping just doubled and then stabilized there. Went from having 65 ping average to 130. My friends in Europe get better ping than that, lol. Did something change? Has anyone else noticed something similar?
    Could admittedly be on my end. I'll begin fiddling with things now. Just wanted to get this out here for others to possibly reply to while I work on things on my side.

edit: Restarting the game seemed to do it? Don't know why that would work, but whatever. Friends who were experiencing lower ping while mine was higher reported that theirs was back to its normal high too. I don't know what's going on anymore nor do I really care tbh.
  • edited December 2016
    @Spacecats Daily Report (08/Dec/2016): Didn't play anything intensive such as endgame dungeons until 11pm GMT 07/Dec/2016, but I was having random lag spikes (a few characters/monsters teleporting and skills misfiring/stacking) whilst levelling up my Brawler in the 25 - 34 dungeons and in Kumas from 9PM GMT 09/Dec/2016 onwards.

At 00:50 GMT 08/Dec/2016, I started noticing skills not firing occassionally in a SSHM run, with a party member commenting about lag after this.

EDIT: Before I forget, my gaming session ended at around 01:20 GMT 08/Dec/2016 with a disconnection. Didn't try logging back into the game.
  • Only 20 people participated in Dreamstorm tonight on MT yet the game was almost unplayable while it was active.

The rewards for this event are awful, almost no one participates in it, and the servers are crippled when it occurs. Rework it or remove it the packet loss is unbearable.

Sorry about the salt but when you die and can only blame server side lag it's rather infuriating. I think most of us would AFK while it's active and wait for the lag to end but it lasts for 5-8 hours during prime time http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/gameplay/dreamstorm/dreamstorm-schedule
  • Remove Dreamstrom -.-"
  • Servers are in potato mode again.

Spiking 60+ ping higher then I normally should be at.
  • We are aware of an issue affecting the servers right now and are investigating. It appears to be a traffic spike at an upstream node.
  • Servers down? Got kicked...
  • Pls Fix LAg
  • i got kicked and cant loggin back.
  • Got kicked for the second time and now I can't even start up the launcher :/
  • Babbelsim wrote: »
    Got kicked for the second time and now I can't even start up the launcher :/

Yep, same here... Hopefully it won't take 5hrs again until people can go through launcher.
This discussion has been closed.